- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"our room was a good size with lovely views over the Thames. The rooms are well equipped, the staff are very friendly and helpful. They serve..."
"Fantastic hotel. The staff were very very professional and helpful. We had a fantastic room with a river view. One of the best nights away w..."
"The Compleat Angler cannot be faulted for its location, accommodation, public rooms and professional, yet friendly service. Lovely breakfast..."
"We had the most excellent over night stay at the Compleat Angler. I had mentioned it was our tenth anniversary and we were given an upgraded..."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Compleat Angler is a classic 400 year old English Country House Hotel situated in an idyllic location on the banks of the River Thames. Ideally located close to the M40 and M4 motorways, within easy reach of Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and local train stations. The 64 luxurious bedrooms and suites are all decorated to the highest standard and have flat screen televisions, climate control and complimentary broadband.
For stunning views, choose an ‘Executive River view’ room or one of our larger ‘feature’ rooms with private balconies and dramatic views of Marlow weir. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. We have two excellent restaurants in the hotel - the Riverside Restaurant awarded two AA rosettes, serving modern British cuisine and Sindhu, a restaurant by Michelin-starred Atul Kochhar serving traditional Indian cuisine cooked in a contemporary manner. The Riverside takes its name from the original Inn, owned by Wethereds Brewery and which boasted just six rooms. The restaurant is proud to have been awarded two AA rosettes and offers modern British food for lunch and dinner with outside dining on the terrace when the sun shines! You will find relaxed and informal dining at lunchtime with candlelight at dinner, as well as fantastic views of the river, Marlow bridge and parish church, both lit at night. It is highly advisable to make your dining reservations in advance to avoid disappointment. During the course of the year, we host special events, celebrity charity lunches, jazz and themed dinners. For further information on opening times and menus or call the restaurant directly. Sindhu by Atul Kochhar, named after an Indian river, offers a sophisticated menu designed to celebrate the very best of traditional Indian cuisine in a contemporary manner. Atul is a world-renowned chef-patron, the first ever to win a Michelin star for Indian cuisine, who is universally acknowledged as having transformed the way we perceive and experience the food of his native country. A great selection of appetisers, mains, sides and dessert are available, however , for those struggling to make a decision among all the tempting options, try the tasting menu. Bookings are strongly recommended avoid disappointment. For further information on opening times and menus or call the restaurant directly. Tea at The Compleat Angler is an institution in itself and is served in the calm surroundings of the Riverside Restaurant. A large choice of leaf teas by the Indian Tea Company, finely cut sandwiches, freshly baked scones, jam and clotted cream and a range of delicate home-made pastries, all served in the traditional manner, combine to make for an unforgettable occasion. Please call the Restaurant directly to make your booking. Our Walton Bar & Lounge is named after Issak Walton who wrote the famous book "The Compleat Angler" and was once a favourite of T. S. Eliot and F. Scott Fitzgerald in days gone by. The bar and lounge both provide a comfortable haven of relaxation serving delicious bar meals and light snacks as well as a wide selection of wine, Champagne, cocktails, spirits and liqueurs.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
our room was a good size with lovely views over the Thames.
The rooms are well equipped, the staff are very friendly and helpful. They serve an excellent cooked breakfast in a restaurant overlooking the weir. We would stay here again.
A little break away.
The staff were very very professional and helpful. We had a fantastic room with a river view. One of the best nights away we've had. Thanks