- Very Good
- 160 guest reviews
"Accommodation was perfectly fine but the staff definitely made the place. Really friendly and helpful...."
"I have to admit you do get what you pay for. The hotel itself was clean enough, though we got sent to our room and it wasn't even ready, not..."
"Had a lovely overnight stay here, shame about having no onsite parking though. We had to park a fewvmins away in a secure carpark and pay to..."
"A warm and friendly welcome clean and tidy rooms..."
"Excellent hotel, easy to find, perfect location for central Sheffield, knowledgeable and helpful staff Rooms clean and comfortable, although..."
About the hotel
The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel is ideally located in the Quay-Side district, just 5 minutes’ walk from Sheffield Train Station and city centre. Only 15 minutes from the Peak District National Park and a short walk to top attractions such as the award-winning Millennium Gallery, the Winter Gardens, Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Sheffield City Hall & Ponds Forge. Sheffield Motorpoint Arena is only a short tram or taxi ride away from the hotel.
The Sheffield Metropolitan is the perfect base for business or leisure guests eager to explore Sheffield. Offering 111 comfortable guest rooms equipped with complimentary WIFI, complimentary toiletries, cable TV, and room service. In just 20 minutes you can be in the most beautiful National Park in the UK - The Peak District, walking, cycling, sightseeing, drinking coffee and eating cake are all popular pastimes here and no trip to 'The Peaks' would be complete without a trip to Chatsworth House, please ask at reception to buy discounted entry tickets to Chatsworth House & Gardens. The Tour de France was a phenomenal success in Yorkshire with Stage 2 finishing very close to the hotel, if you are a keen cyclist and would like to follow the routes of the iconic figures in World Cycling, why not come and stay and do Stage 1 & 2. You can even store your bike here at the hotel, and we will provide you with maps & a list of the best cafes! Guests can also enjoy a delicious Brasserie-style and Specials menu in the restaurant Picasso. Monday to Thursday evenings until 21:00. Friday to Sunday evenings fresh homemade Panini’s are served in the bar area. A hearty buffet breakfast is available as well as an express breakfast for guests on the run. For those who wish to relax in their room, Picasso's serves a great room service menu, delivered to you in insulated takeaway boxes and bag, dishes include homemade lasagne, chicken stir fry, Caesar Salad and to follow our yummy chocolate brownies. . . if the staff have not eaten all of them! Limited Car Parking is available at the hotel (fees apply) or just 150 metres from the hotel is the Castlegate Q Park which is £5. 50 per 24 hours.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 16/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Please note: The Restaurant does not serve food Friday to Sunday from 12:00. Freshly made Paninis are available throughout this time. The LateRooms.com rates for The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel - a Bespoke Hotel in Sheffield are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Very basic and tired in appearance / quality.
Next time I'll pay a little extra and go to a Premier Inn.
Accommodation was perfectly fine but the staff definitely made the place.
Really friendly and helpful.