- 29 guest reviews
"Room size more generous than average with bathroom and bedroom clean and tidy. The linen was crisp and of good quality. There is no Wifi in..."
"The staff were very obliging and pleasant, food was very good, but hotel was very tired and in need of an overhaul...."
"Happy with my one night stay. A pity the leisure facilities are closing this week. Bar food a bit pricey...."
"My friend and I had traveled to attend my daughters wedding at Braxted Park Estates the following day and the Rivenhall was only about 5 min..."
About the hotel
Please note that we do not accept cash payments on arrival for accommodation. On the 1st June Proxima will be closed for major refurbishment. It will be closed for approximately 6-8 months whilst this work takes place.
We apologise for any inconvenience but hope for your understanding in this matter. The Rivenhall Hotel & Health Spa is centrally positioned in the heart of Essex on the A12, with Braintree,the city of Chelmsford,and the historical town of Colchester being in close proximity. Our facilities include: a vibrant & contemporary bar and lounge area; the oak beamed Lantana Restaurant; 53 en-suite bedrooms; 7 conference rooms including 2 beautiful banqueting suites.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Value for money
Room size more generous than average with bathroom and bedroom clean and tidy.
The linen was crisp and of good quality. There is no Wifi in the rooms and with a poor ee mobile phone signal in the area getting online is not so easy. However the tea/coffee making facilities are good (the biscuits a nice touch) and overall the Rivenhall is great value for money.
The staff were very obliging and pleasant, food was very good, but hotel was very tired and in need of an overhaul.