- Very Good
- 58 guest reviews
"It was our first experience in a travelodge. I don't think it will be our last. Cleanliness is a must and we were impressed with the standar..."
"The bed was extremely comfortable. There is triple glazing so, unless you want the window open, it is very quiet considering the location. T..."
"We enjoyed our stay at the Chelmsford Travel Lodge very much. The staff were very friendly and informative. Would recommend it. Thank you...."
"Friendly helpful staff, reasonably comfy accomodation with all you'd expect for the budget price. Luckily I always travel with earplugs as r..."
About the hotel
Located less than half a mile from the City Centre and sharing a site with Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito restaurants, the Travelodge Chelmsford hotel offers the best and most enjoyable way to experience everything this Essex city has to offer. Set in the heart of the city, the Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel offers the best and most enjoyable way to experience everything this Essex city has to offer. The nearby Chelmsford Cathedral offers scenic views whilst the outlying RHS Garden Hyde Hall, Hylands House & Park and Danbury Country Park provide enjoyable outdoor escapes away from the busy city.
Those with a passion for history will appreciate the Chelmsford Museum, Essex Regiment Museum and Essex Police Museum, all just over a mile away. The hotel has recently been updated with our fresh new look and features Travelodge’s new room design complete with the Travelodge Dreamer Bed bed by Sleepeezee, featuring a 958 pocket sprung mattress, cosy 10. 5 tog duvet, and four plump pillows, so you can be sure of a great night’s sleep. Early/Late Check-In/Out Service – if you’re looking to make the most of your day we can offer an Early Check-In service from 12:00noon and a Late Check-Out Service until 2pm so you have more time to relax - cost is £10 per service, per room, subject to availability - bookable direct by telephoning the hotel. For guests wishing to bring domestic pets please contact LateRooms. com for more detail on charges and terms and conditions. Please note that Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other animals to aid disability are exempt from charge.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 13/07/2014 to 31/12/2015 - Payment must be made on arrival at the hotel, by either credit/debit card/cash. When paying cash, either photo identification (passport/driver's license), or a valid credit or debit card are required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
family meet up
It was our first experience in a travelodge.
I don't think it will be our last. Cleanliness is a must and we were impressed with the standard. Room was fresh and bright. Staff were pleasant and helpful with our requests and queries.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
There is triple glazing so, unless you want the window open, it is very quiet considering the location. The bathroom is fine with a good shower over the bath. Unfortunately the soap dispenser over the bath was empty and I was too exhausted to go back to reception and tell them (there is no phone). I was surprised when I arrived that you have to pay for parking - £7.50 for 24 hours.