- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"This former mansion is far from being a city business hotel. Surrounded by parkland it has a very relaxing atmosphere. Some faint hints of i..."
"An amazing property in its own historic grounds. My room was set in the former grooms house only 3 metres from the main property but was lu..."
"This really was an incredible place to stay. The room was huge with outstanding views. The breakfast was excellent, can't comment on the eve..."
"This little gem is a very refreshing change to the usual hotels I have to use for business. The grounds are spacious and peaceful with a lov..."
"Hidden gem. Wonderful old country house hotel. Excellent breakfast..."
About the hotel
Located on the A603, 2 miles from the A1 at Sandy and just 4 miles from the A421 Bedford Bypass, Moggerhanger Park B&B is a beautiful Grade 1 listed house situated in the heart of Bedfordshire countryside. For the leisure or business traveler, we offer stunning guest accommodation with a choice of freshly-cooked breakfast options using local produce. All of our rooms in the Main House and the Groom's House Annex are individually furnished and are fully equipped with TV, free WIFI, and direct dial telephone.
Please note that we only have two Pet-Friendly rooms available which are located in the Groom's House. Please contact reception for more details. During your stay take time to discover the unique history of the House, designed by the eminent architect Sir John Soane, by visiting our Exhibition room and newly opened Slavery Exhibition. A Heritage Tour takes place every Sunday and Wednesday at 2. 30pm in the months of April - October. The Tour lasts approx one hour and costs £5. 00 per person for those over 16 years of age. A discounted price applies to Arts Fund and HHA Members. Alternatively, why not relax in the Old Library with the daily papers, or perhaps explore our Grounds and Children's play area. Nearby attractions include the RSPB Lodge and the John O'Gaunt Golf Club in Sandy, the Danish Camp at Willington, The R101 Hangars at Cardington, The Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, the Higgins Museum in Bedford and Champneys Spa in Henlow. ___________________________________________________________ Evening Meals are available Monday - Thursday and are served between 18:30 - 20:30. Please ask Reception for menu details when booking.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Lounge Menu , Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
A countryside retreat
This former mansion is far from being a city business hotel.
Surrounded by parkland it has a very relaxing atmosphere. Some faint hints of its previous use as a hospital seem to remain.
The accommodation in the grooms house was very clean, comfortable but simple. The stone flagged floor might not suit everybody but was fine for me. The car park was further away from the main entrance than is generally the case but this was not a major issue once I had booked in, as there was a short cut to the Grooms house. The buffet cooked breakfast was of a good standard.
Evening meals were not available at the weekend but the Guinea pub in the village served a very reasonable meal in a pleasant atmosphere.
Upstairs meets Downstairs
An amazing property in its own historic grounds.
My room was set in the former grooms house only 3 metres from the main property but was luxuriously appointed with a quiet outlook over the old stables and garden. A great sitting room was available for guests use in the former Soviet library, with views over the gardens. Breakfast in the servants Hall was a very well presented mix including locally sourced eggs, bacon and sausages. Will stay again when I next travel to this area.