- Very Good
- 77 guest reviews
"Booked well in advance and got a decent prepaid rate as a result. Was better than I expected and room was upgraded which is always pleasant..."
"We arranged early check-in and for additional items (prosecco, macaroons & strawberries) to be placed in the room. This worked fine apart fr..."
"We stayed in the Cambridge City Hotel over the bank holiday weekend - a trip we booked only a few days before arriving. Upon arrival, there..."
"We stayed for the one night in a superior room which had 2 double beds which were most comfortable. When we checked in at 3pm we had to wait..."
"Very central location (right next to John Lewis suited me!). Parking worked out well and took all the stress out of finding somewhere to lea..."
About the hotel
Whether you are here to indulge your senses in unforgettable English heritage, or are simply passing through and need a soft pillow to lay your head, we are confident we can provide the very best in home from home hospitality and undeniable comfort. Well-located in Cambridge city centre, amid historic colleges and excellent shopping the hotel has a restaurant, Irish pub, a gym and a sauna. A modern 4-star hotel just 5 minutes walk from Kings College, Cambridge Corn Exchange and the bus station.
10-minutes’ walk takes you to the peaceful riverside parks and pubs. Each modern room at Cambridge City Hotel is well-equipped with a large desk, air conditioning and FREE wifi. There are also individual private bathrooms, satellite TVs and all rooms are inclusive of a Full English Breakfast. Guests can enjoy modern international dishes and seasonal ingredients in the The Book Room Restaurant. Light snacks and drinks are served in the Lounge Bar and the lively Quinns Irish Pub. Children 5 years and under stay FREE, 6 years and above will be charged at £15 per person.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 09/01/2015 to 16/08/2015 - One child under 5 years stays FREE of charge when using existing beds. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Very pleasant weekend stay
Booked well in advance and got a decent prepaid rate as a result.
Was better than I expected and room was upgraded which is always pleasant surprise - had clearly been refurbished recently and looked new. Well soundproofed too. Only small point to make is that if one is carrying out a refurbishment it would make good sense to replace the lacquered brasswork on doors as this becomes tatty after a while and detracts from general impression. Easily fixed problem.
Weekend stay in Cambridge
We arranged early check-in and for additional items (prosecco, macaroons & strawberries) to be placed in the room.
This worked fine apart from only 2 strawberries being provided (for a cost of £7.50). However, the lady that checked us in rectified this by bringing up a selection of berries free of charge. We enjoyed the bar area for an early evening cocktail and the cooked breakfast was a nice treat. The hotel is in a great location for exploring the centre of Cambridge, although it feels more like a business hotel than one with much character.