- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"They hotel made me most welcome and were so helpful. Great food and comfortable room. The breakfast kippers are the best I have eaten for a..."
"Very nice hotel, nice rooms, handy to find off the motorway..."
"Standard room but clean staff were lovely...."
"After booking with laterooms on phone arrived to be asked how id like to pay. Room was lovely. Went to the gym most of the equipment was out..."
"The hotel was ok . If your just wanting a bed for the night the bed and room are comfortable Its nothing fancy we stayed on Sunday night so..."
About the hotel
Since 1974, when the Hannigan family opened the Springfield Hotel their reputation for good food, cheerful and professional service has become a household name in Leixlip, Dublin and surrounding areas. Shortly afterwards a much more substantial hotel was created with the additional bedrooms, facilitating a full bar licence and ballroom. The original hotel was purchased from the Foxe family in spring 1973 and consisted of a tearoom and lodgings or guesthouse on almost three acres.
It was based on an 18th century country residence of Nathaniel warren, MP and Mayor of Dublin (1737-1796). In the 1930s dances were held there in the old 18th century ballroom. The old coach house had for generations been a landmark, telling travellers from the west that Dublin is only a few miles down the road. Springfield owed its success to its appeal to residents scattered over a wide catchment area and to the passing trade of those who would break their journey between Dublin and Galway and the northwest. It was an ideal location for the business and farming community en route to the city. It was equally attractive to the sportsman indulging in fishing in the nearby Liffey or the golfers on any number of courses nearby. By Easter 2000, a new 48 Bedroom hotel was opened on the same site, incorporating most of the old premises, but not the 18th century ballroom, which was demolished on the grounds of safety and fire hazard. The new lounge and part of the Anna Liffey ballroom are built on this site. An underground car park for hundreds of cars was also incorporated in this new build. Guests return again and again to enjoy the genuine hospitality extended to all who visit this friendly, quality hotel, which is personally managed and supervised by the proprietors, situated just 15km from Dublin city centre and amenities. Hotel is serviced by the Airporthoter from Dublin Airport to Maynooth www. airporthopper. ie Please note that we have an ATM machine in the hotel.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Airport Shuttle
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- Pets are not allowed
75% would recommend it to a friend
Very welcoming and comfortable stay
They hotel made me most welcome and were so helpful.
Great food and comfortable room. The breakfast kippers are the best I have eaten for a very long time.
Very nice hotel, nice rooms, handy to find off the motorway