- Very Good
- 53 guest reviews
"As stated by previous reviews those who stay in the lower rooms can hear the floorboards creak when those above walk on them. Check Room 106..."
"The room was very comfortable and clean. Nice to be able to have a bath as we had been out in the cold and wet all day. Food was excellent b..."
"This was exactly what I hoped for when booking. Easy to find, very friendly staff, plain simple but well cooked food ( I Had the plate follo..."
"This was our second time staying at Affcot Lodge. Both times we have stay we received excellent service. The rooms are clean and tastefully..."
"We were pleasantly surprised by our room and the quality of customer service...."
About the hotel
Formally called the Travellers Rest, The Affcot Lodge has changed ownership and undergone substantial refurbishment. Owned and run by Chris and Wendy Davis with their dedicated team the Lodge re-opened for business on 1st July 2011. Situated in Upper Affcot on the A49 between Church Stretton and Craven Arms the Affcot Lodge Hotel offers comfortable upgraded accommodation, extensive bar facilities, daily menus, fresh local produce, and the 'best Sunday Carvery around'.
We are on the A49, please ignore Sat nav's directions telling you to turn off the main road. Whether you are local, or planning a visit to South Shropshire soon, the Lodge is the ideal place to stop. The 10 bedrooms, offer varied accommodation and specification. Each room has en-suite bathrooms, free wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen TV. Availability includes two family rooms, double and twin bedrooms and rooms with disabled access. With a beautiful, countryside setting Affcot Lodge offers the perfect location to enjoy dinner and special occasions with friends and family. The space can be arranged to suit your event-whatever the style and there are menus to suit all budgets. The Conservatory can be hired for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can accommodate up to 40 people. We are a Vegetarian friendly Hotel. Offering quality Bed and Breakfast at affordable prices for your stay in Church Stretton or Craven Arms, you can be assured of a warm welcome and glorious food to make your stay in South Shropshire extra special.
Showing Sunday 3 May 2015 to Monday 4 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/09/2014 to 31/12/2015 - Please note, as of January 1st 2015, all room rates will increase by £5.00 per room. (e.g. £70 Double will now be £75) The LateRooms.com rates for Affcot Lodge in Near Church Stretton are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Creaky Floor Boards
As stated by previous reviews those who stay in the lower rooms can hear the floorboards creak when those above walk on them.
Check Room 106 where we stayed. Late Rooms give this hotel a 4* rating but we felt it was nearer 3*. Rooms had been updated but not to 4* standard. Evening meal was good but breakfast not too elaborate. Finishing breakfast service at 9.00 am not conducive to holiday leisure - OK for business guests.
Friendly we'll run hotel
The room was very comfortable and clean.
Nice to be able to have a bath as we had been out in the cold and wet all day. Food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast. The staff are all very friendly and polite.