- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Impossible to take a shower as shower connection from bath to shower head had multiple leaks. Water from shower leaks under shower screen se..."
"It could do with an uplift as it looks a tired place. However the food was good and the customer service was outstanding...."
"Lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings. Children were well catered for.Checked all food for us for child with nut allergy. Very enjoyable st..."
"Me and my partner stayed for two nights for a friends wedding. People there extremely friendly esp the man behind the bar and cleaner. We at..."
"Comfortable room but could do with more sockets. Room a bit on the dark side, small window and dark wallpaper. Could do with a bit of spruci..."
About the hotel
Formally called the Travellers Rest, The Affcot Lodge has changed ownership and undergone substantial refurbishment. Owned and run by Chris and Wendy Davis with their dedicated team the Lodge re-opened for business on 1st July 2011. Situated in Upper Affcot on the A49 between Church Stretton and Craven Arms the Affcot Lodge Hotel offers comfortable upgraded accommodation, extensive bar facilities, daily menus, fresh local produce, and the 'best Sunday Carvery around'.
We are on the A49, please ignore Sat nav's directions telling you to turn off the main road. Whether you are local, or planning a visit to South Shropshire soon, the Lodge is the ideal place to stop. The 10 bedrooms, offer varied accommodation and specification. Each room has en-suite bathrooms, free wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen TV. Availability includes two family rooms, double and twin bedrooms and rooms with disabled access. With a beautiful, countryside setting Affcot Lodge offers the perfect location to enjoy dinner and special occasions with friends and family. The space can be arranged to suit your event-whatever the style and there are menus to suit all budgets. The Conservatory can be hired for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can accommodate up to 40 people. We are a Vegetarian friendly Hotel. Offering quality Bed and Breakfast at affordable prices for your stay in Church Stretton or Craven Arms, you can be assured of a warm welcome and glorious food to make your stay in South Shropshire extra special.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/09/2014 to 31/12/2015 - Please note, as of January 1st 2015, all room rates will increase by £5.00 per room. (e.g. £70 Double will now be £75) The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Impossible to take a shower as shower connection from bath to shower head had multiple leaks.
Water from shower leaks under shower screen seal leaving the en-suit floor "swimming"
It could do with an uplift as it looks a tired place.
However the food was good and the customer service was outstanding.