- 38 guest reviews
"Lovely room, can't wait to return..."
"Although my stay was for two nights only I stayed in a different room on each of the nights. The first room (room 2) was cluttered with old..."
"I had a fantastic stay at The Mole and Chicken, the room was superb and very quiet, the hosts were helpful and welcoming. I stopped off here..."
"We booked for 1 night, a short stay for my partners birthday so we could relax, enjoy some good food & wine and then stay overnight. Great i..."
About the hotel
The Mole and Chicken is a wonderful country pub & restaurant with five beautiful letting rooms set high on the border offering outstanding views across Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire. A warm and friendly reception awaits, and your hosts Steve & Suzanne Bush will endeavour to make your stay as memorable as possible. The 60 cover restaurant offers a blend of British and Mediterranean food using classical cooking techniques and fresh local produce.
A well chosen wine list accompanies the light lunch and a la carte menus and there is also a finer wine and drinks list for the connoisseur. In the winter months relax by the open log fire or enjoy the views from the terrace in the summer, whatever you choose the Mole & Chicken is certain to please!
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/05/2014 to 15/05/2014 - The Restaurant will be closed Sunday 13/05 evening for refurbishment and will reopen Tuesday 15/05 evening. Guests are advised that breakfast will not be available but reduced rate can be arranged. The LateRooms.com rates for The Mole & Chicken in Aylesbury are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely room, can't wait to return
Too Twee for me
Although my stay was for two nights only I stayed in a different room on each of the nights.
The first room (room 2) was cluttered with old fashioned furniture and too many embroidered cushions on the bed. The curtains were heavy and much grander than the room warranted. The walls were covered in small unattractive pictures which I found quite depressing. Strangest of all was the fact that there was no door to the bathroom. I am a bit old fashioned I guess, but feel that when it comes to the bathroom I would prefer, especially if staying with my partner, for some activities to be not of the sharing type. In addition the room was cool and the mobile electric heater didn't work. The second room (room 1) was quite an improvement. It was lighter, warmer, slightly bigger than my first room and there was a door to the bathroom. The restaurant was popular with a good choice of food and drink although the food was quite expensive. Overall one that will remain in my memory but not for all the right reasons.