- 40 guest reviews
"Beautiful village location, wonderful room, gorgeous food and wine, delightful staff. Caught a local bus into Oxford, quick and easy and no..."
"The food here is stunning. Our evening meal was sublime. And full English in the morning was very good too. Service from staff was excellent..."
"Lovely and peaceful spot, gorgeous and really spacious room, super comfy king bed and pillows, massive comfy bathtub, staff where really hel..."
"Our room was absolutely lovely. Full of character and very comfortable. We were a bit unlucky with the timing of our visit though. The wirel..."
"We both loved everything about the accommodation, the pub and the food was amazing. My only two faults were when closing the bathroom door t..."
About the hotel
The Bear and Ragged Staff is just 2 miles away from the A34, 4 miles West of Oxford and without all the city centre parking issues. It is just off the main A420 to Swindon and Bristol. A stay at the Bear is much more than a “B&B” experience, guests have full access to the bars, snugs, log fires, decking/garden in the summer and the main restaurant.
Perfect for a romantic weekend or for the busy traveling businessperson. Rooms in the Old Cottage Wing all boast en suite bathrooms and high ceilings. There is full access to broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity. King sized beds are standard throughout, desks, full length mirrors for preparing for that special romantic dinner or business meeting are featured. Above the Old Pub which is housed in the original part of the Bear dating back more than 450 years, we have refurbished the “Landlord’s Wing” which has historically been used as accommodation for the succession of landlords who have graced the Bear since it was converted into a pub in the 1860s. This part of the building provides another five rooms and bursts with features such as wiggly beams, sloping floors, quirky staircases and of course, ghosts. . . . . . . !!
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Currency Exchange
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Punting in oxford
Beautiful village location, wonderful room, gorgeous food and wine, delightful staff.
Caught a local bus into Oxford, quick and easy and no parking issues, then back again for a super meal, easy simple and fun.
Fantastic food, great service and lovely room.
The food here is stunning.
Our evening meal was sublime. And full English in the morning was very good too. Service from staff was excellent and the room was lovely. We were lucky enough to have room 8 which was essentially a top floor flat. Lovely period features such as beams, old wooden doors and winding staircase.