- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Stayed here before, good room- only quibble- mattress was squeaky and lob sided...."
"I travel an awful lot with my job and generally stay in chain hotels. On this occasion I tried something different, and I am very glad I did..."
"The hotel is really nice, with rooms upstairs and downstairs. We were downstairs and out the back, where there are two rooms, which was real..."
"Good location and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Only brought down by very squeaky and uncomfortable mattress so unless updated in room 6 w..."
About the hotel
Situated in the historic town of Stony Stratford, just 12 minutes from Milton Keynes, this traditional 16th Century Inn offers wholesome food, real ales and free Wi-Fi and parking. A beautiful listed building, it has long been a mainstay of the community and is renowned for its warm welcome and friendly atmosphere. Each of the 10 cosy en-suite rooms is comfortable, inviting and well-maintained.
The Hotel is pet friendly and some rooms have their own private front door. It has garnered an impressive reputation for the quality of its food and drink, particularly their roast dinners, Sunday lunches and selection of real ales. Located just 10 miles from Junction 14 off the M1 and 7 miles from Milton Keynes it’s the perfect base from which to explore the area. There are plenty of nearby attractions including Silverstone Circuit, The National Bowl, MK Gallery, Bletchley Park and Woburn, Abbey Hill and Kingfisher Golf Courses.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Limited room service for hot food, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Old George Hotel
Stayed here before, good room- only quibble- mattress was squeaky and lob sided.
Old George Hotel
Clean but shower needed some repair and bad smell in bathroom .
Noise at night needed to be told earlier very noisy loud group playing did not stop until early morning. Bed bases need replacing bed in front of war drop so couldn't put cloths away. In all very basic.