- 1 guest reviews
"I have nothing but good to say of this hotel. The location is stunningly beautiful, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the food is very go..."
About the hotel
The Sonnenberg hotel in Kriens offers panoramic views over Lake Lucerne, the mountains and the forest, a Nespresso machine in every room, seasonal cuisine and free Wi-fi. The Sonnenberg hotel is easily reachable by the historic funicular, climbing up to the Sonnenberg hotel from Kriens Dorf within 7 minutes. A large network of hiking trails surrounds the hotel and a crazy golf course and a playground are there as well.
You can park your car for free on site.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Pitch n' Putt
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 28/02/2016 - Restaurant winter-opening hours: 24.12.2015: closed 25.-30.12.2015: 8am -5pm 31.12.2015: New Year's dinner will be served at 6pm. 02.01.2016 - 28.02.2016 Mon: closed Tue- Sun: 8am -5pm The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A great discovery!
I have nothing but good to say of this hotel.
The location is stunningly beautiful, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the food is very good indeed and the people helpful and charming. And lots of little details make it all even better: a bathrobe in my room made sharing a bathroom much more agreeable than it might otherwise have been, the fesh fruit on every landing with a notice asking guests to help themselves, the mineral water on the table in my room every day, the soap in the shape of the mountains, the artistic breakfast ... I could go on. I shall try very hard to go back there. The only problem is accessibility. No problem at all for those with a car, but trickier for those, like me, using public transport. There is a charmingly old fashioned funicular five minutes walk away, but it only functions from 10.00 to 17.00, with a lunch break on weekdays. The alternative is to walk to a bus stop about twenty minutes away, or less for those younger and fitter than I am. But the (beautiful) walk is partly across fields and via steps in the forest - not very practical if you have a suitcase. I settled for taking a taxi (about 35 francs from the main train station n Lucerne) for arrival and departure, using my feet and the funicular otherwise, and managed with no serious problems.