This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Glacier Gateway Motel features 23 serviced units designed for travellers seeking clean, comfortable Franz Josef accommodation at affordable budget rates. Recently refurbished rooms offer a value for money clean tidy and comfy stay. Only a 5 minute walk from Franz Josef village with its impressive selection of restaurants and cafes.
With a choice of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom motel units available, including a wheelchair access unit, there is a bedroom configuration to suit your personal accommodation requirements, from single person to larger families and groups travelling together We have a kids playground and the Waiho River adjacent to our property, a great place to wander with the kids and explore. . . all free! Nearby we have glow worm walks, bush walks,Glacier and native rainforest views, a lake and beach just a short drive away. Famous Lake Matheson is also a short drive, from which you can get magnificent views of Mt Cook relected in the water. Each room has tea and coffee facilities,fridge, Freeview Sattelite TV, heating own bathroom with newly refurbished showers; most have microwave, while family units have a hotplate as well. We have a huge free car park, children’s' playground, plenty of lawn, guest laundry. Our office offers a free booking and information service on all local attractions; we can also offer good savings on helicopter flights. Nearby attractions also include the magificent hotpool complex, which also offers massage; Hukawai Centre which is opening in summer 2010 with penguins, kayaking, Bird Sanctuary tours, Kiwi Night Tours, Horsetrekking, quadbiking, dirt buggies, paintball, mountain bike hire - plus much more. We have been here for 11 seasons, so our advice is good. . . we have done most of the tours available here. Plus when you book your tours through us, you do not have to prepay them. We just make a reservation, and if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather for example, there is no problem with refunds etc Local attractions include glacier walks (both on Franz and Fox glaciers), scenic flights (both plane and helicopter), helihikes (combination glacier walk and flight), horse riding, quad biking, mountain biking, quad bike/heli flight combo, hot pools, massages, paintball, mud buggies, free local walking tracks, skydiving. . . and much more!!!! All the booking for the above activities can be arranged from our office. Franz Josef Glacier is world renowned for its beauty, the point of difference being that the native rainforest exists right beside a prehistoric glacier, making for some amazing terrain and viewing. Glacier lakes and sea shore all are easily accessible in the area, fishing is also a popular pastime, as is kayaking and boat tours. Trampers are spoilt for choice, everything from a leisurely hour long stroll to an 8 hour more extreme climb. All tracks are well marked and maintained. Make sure you spare enough time in this magnificent area!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium , Golf 9 Hole , Massage , Mountain Bike Hire , Squash Courts , Fishing , Quad Biking , Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet