- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"Hotel staff couldn't do enough to accommodate any requests made of them. Always friendly and helpful, even though it was clearly a very busy..."
"Absolutely loved staying in this hotel, the room was huge (we had the Exeter room 211), beautifully decorated and very elegant. The hotel is..."
"We stayed for one night and the staff were all very professional and friendly. The location is perfect for a city break. The views from the..."
"Well situated, clean and tidy with easy access to the Spa. Both lounge bars were shut, the roof top due to the time of year and residents du..."
"Nice rooms, friendly staff great roof bar and lovely food!..."
About the hotel
The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam, with Valet Car Parking. In the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. The Varsity is a boutique hotel with just 48 individual rooms, each room is named after a different college, and features an LCD TV, DVD library, free Wi-Fi, and an iPod dock.
Most rooms offer monsoon showers and under-floor heating. Some rooms have balconies and views of the college rooftops. The hotel offers an impressive rooftop terrace with uninterrupted views, great for those warm summer nights. The River Bar Steakhouse & Grill is located on the Quayside, with breathtaking views of the river. Inspired by traditional Cambridge, The Varsity offers guests access to the manned onsite Glassworks Gym and Elemis Spa, with hot tub, steam room, sauna and exercise classes. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge.
Showing Friday 5 February 2016 to Saturday 6 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Valet Parking , Park and Ride
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/09/2015 to 31/12/2017 - Due to building work taking place along Thompson's Lane, the road is closed between Mondays to Fridays. Please use CB5 8AS for diversion via Jesus Lane and New Park Street. Need help? Call LateRooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel staff couldn't do enough to accommodate any requests made of them.
Always friendly and helpful, even though it was clearly a very busy time over the New Year holiday. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Beautiful and unique
Absolutely loved staying in this hotel, the room was huge (we had the Exeter room 211), beautifully decorated and very elegant.
The hotel is in a great location 2 mins walk from the centre and the staff were also great and very informative. The car parking service is also brilliant and hassle free. We went for a massage in the spa attached to the hotel and that was also great. 100% recommend this hotel to anyone