- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years and the varsity is by far one of the best. The staff were fantastic and so friendly nothing..."
"One night stay with my daughter. Our room had a floor to ceiling window with lovely views. Very comfortable bed. Real coffee- making facilit..."
"Hotel staff couldn't do enough to accommodate any requests made of them. Always friendly and helpful, even though it was clearly a very busy..."
"Absolutely loved staying in this hotel, the room was huge (we had the Exeter room 211), beautifully decorated and very elegant. The hotel is..."
"We stayed for one night and the staff were all very professional and friendly. The location is perfect for a city break. The views from the..."
About the hotel
The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam, with Valet Car Parking. In the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. The Varsity is a boutique hotel with just 48 individual rooms, each room is named after a different college, and features an LCD TV, DVD library, free Wi-Fi, and an iPod dock.
Most rooms offer monsoon showers and under-floor heating. Some rooms have balconies and views of the college rooftops. The hotel offers an impressive rooftop terrace with uninterrupted views, great for those warm summer nights. The River Bar Steakhouse & Grill is located on the Quayside, with breathtaking views of the river. Inspired by traditional Cambridge, The Varsity offers guests access to the manned onsite Glassworks Gym and Elemis Spa, with hot tub, steam room, sauna and exercise classes. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Valet Parking , Park and Ride
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/09/2015 to 31/12/2017 - Due to building work taking place along Thompson's Lane, the road is closed between Mondays to Fridays. Please use CB5 8AS for diversion via Jesus Lane and New Park Street. Need help? Call LateRooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years and the varsity is by far one of the best.
The staff were fantastic and so friendly nothing was too much trouble. The roof terrace and views are amazing and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a break in Cambridge, you won’t be disappointed.
A little gem
One night stay with my daughter.
Our room had a floor to ceiling window with lovely views. Very comfortable bed. Real coffee- making facilities. Took two classes in the gym, one of which the instructor ran for me alone as no one else turned up. Wonderful views from the riverside restaurant. Th staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel isn't cheap but competitive with other central hotels and it's right in the heart of Cambridge so you can walk to everything.Would definitely stay here again.