- Very Good
- 43 guest reviews
"Excellent customer service, all staff were approachable and helpful. The room was excellent, no complaints...."
"My teenage daughter and I stayed here to visit the university. The staff were charming and efficient, the room was great with a very comfort..."
"1st room (118) was gorgeous but discovered it had no window. 2nd room (219) was much smaller and a small shower room rather than bathroon bu..."
"All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms had everything you needed, bed and linen top quality. Wallpaper in room was beginning..."
"Stayed in the superior room which was very nice and good value for money compared to some hotels which are double the price..."
About the hotel
The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam, with Valet Car Parking. In the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. The Varsity is a boutique hotel with just 48 individual rooms, each room is named after a different college, and features an LCD TV, DVD library, free Wi-Fi, and an iPod dock.
Most rooms offer monsoon showers and under-floor heating. Some rooms have balconies and views of the college rooftops. The hotel offers an impressive rooftop terrace with uninterrupted views, great for those warm summer nights. The River Bar Steakhouse & Grill is located on the Quayside, with breathtaking views of the river. Inspired by traditional Cambridge, The Varsity offers guests access to the manned onsite Glassworks Gym and Elemis Spa, with hot tub, steam room, sauna and exercise classes. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library
- Porter, Lift to all floors
- Valet Parking, Park and Ride
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
My stay at the Varsity hotel and Spa
Excellent customer service, all staff were approachable and helpful.
The room was excellent, no complaints.
Great location, great hotel
My teenage daughter and I stayed here to visit the university.
The staff were charming and efficient, the room was great with a very comfortable bed, top quality bed linen (I am quite picky about that!), all the expected facilities of a luxury hotel and a great rooftop view. We used their valet car parking service which at £20 was very convenient, just drive up to the front door and give them your keys. The hotel is smack in the middle of Cambridge so once there one does not need a car.
We ate in the hotel restaurant, which was buzzy and served great steaks.