- 53 guest reviews
"Being an inn, this is very different from the experience you would get from a hotel chain. The room had a great character and was definitely..."
"Friendly welcome, had heating on in room when we arrived (which was a nice touch) accommodation clean, nicely presented, food was very nice...."
"Quiet, comfortable and convenient. Accommodation set well back from the road. A short distance from Canterbury, on a main bus route between..."
"Really lovely food and friendly staff. Quiet room. Bed could be more comfortable...."
"Stumbled across this little jewel of a B&B via booking website and so glad we did, literally a 10 min drive from Canterbury with all it's hi..."
About the hotel
Originally built as cottages in the 16th century, The Evenhill lies on the A257 in Littlebourne, just a 3-minute drive away from the city centre of Canterbury. The comfortable traditional Victorian bar with its oak beams and fireplaces leads onto the Evenhill's popular extensive split-level restaurant. The superb restaurant serves delicious home cooked meals perfect for every occasion.
To the rear of the main building lies our hotel, with 15 en suite bedrooms. The setting of our hotel ensures you will have a peaceful night. For those summer days and evenings we have a pleasant garden to complete the picture of a typical yet surprising Kentish pub. We are the perfect location for those of you who want to explore our fantastic surroundings. Being that we are only a 3 minute drive away from Canterbury, this will give you the opportunity to explore such historical sites as the city's fantastic cathedral and city walls. Canterbury is also a perfect place to go shopping, explore the narrow streets, museums, parks, theatres and cinemas. There are also plenty of golf courses surrounding us, with The Royal St Georges golf club being just a short drive away, why not play where the worlds best golfers do? We are also close to Dover, Whitstable, Deal and Walmer where you will find some of Kent's famous castles and are also great seaside towns. Just a 5 minute drive from us you will be able to join the A2 and form there you will find it easy to access Dover ports and Channel tunnel and its only a 20 minute drive away. The Evenhill really does have it all.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Very quiet location within easy reach of Canterbury city centre
Being an inn, this is very different from the experience you would get from a hotel chain.
The room had a great character and was definitely not plastic. The rooms were separate from the pub but breakfast and dinner was in the main building. The staff were very friendly which helped make our stay very enjoyable.
Friendly welcome, had heating on in room when we arrived (which was a nice touch) accommodation clean, nicely presented, food was very nice.
We would definitely recommend The Evenhill.