Our central location places us within easy reach of Douglas promenade and all the town's amenities, while if it's good food and drink you want, you scarcely need to go further than the dining room. Enjoy one of our delicious evening meals and relaxing drink or two in our bar and restaurant, ‘HQ'.
A former World War Two army headquarters, HQ retains a fascinating sense of history while offering a thoroughly fresh and modern ambience in which to unwind. When weather allows, guests also enjoy sitting out on our decked patio area, a lovely suntrap.
We naturally have all the facilities you would expect from a 4-star guest house but here's a quick re-cap of what you'll discover at the Mereside:
* Eight beautifully decorated bedrooms, all ensuite with modern facilities
* Further bedrooms are locates in our two annexes, The Rosslyn Hotel and Glen Mona Hotels, both just 2 doors away. Please note your accommodation may be located in one of our annexes.
* Rooms with sea views available – just ask
* Family-run guest house with friendly atmosphere
* Historic Victorian building with sunny sea aspect
* Disabled facilities including lifts to all floors and ramps into entrances
* Group bookings welcomed
* Young and old alike catered for
* Child-friendly with facilities for tots and babies
* Delicious cooked breakfasts served between 8am and 9am
* Hot and cold evening meals served between 5pm and 9pm
* Central Douglas location, handy for the beach – and catching a horse tram!
* Fine local real ale (‘Bosun Bitter') on sale in our hotel bar and restaurant, 'HQ'
Rate not shown
To see the prices for the dates not selected, change your number of nights or arrival date.