- 75 guest reviews
"What a great little find, filled with quaint old charm and very homely. Reception was very nice and helpful. Love the winding hallways, and..."
"Very large spacious hotel large room comfy bed very pleasant..."
"Overall very good, although expensive for what room I had. Was bank holiday and race weekend though...."
"Located close to the main city centre, although many spaces are provided parking was difficult due to other guests, only needed the room for..."
About the hotel
The Dene Hotel Chester, is an established family run hotel in an attractive setting less than one mile from the City centre. Developed and extended over several decades, the Dene Hotel has become a landmark in the suburbs of this historic city. Our friendly yet professional team prides itself on offering high service standards, while our prices reflect our ethos of giving good value for money.
All 53 rooms have en-suite facilities,and we have the ability to alter their set up to accommodate up to four adults, or a family with children. Located within a mile of both the M53 and A55, the Dene Hotel is ideally situated as both a gateway to North Wales and the rural county of Cheshire. The Dene bar offers a wide variety of bottled beers and ales along with traditional bar meals. Full English breakfasts are very competitively priced and cooked to order to make them an exceptional treat while you stay with us. The Dene Hotel has ample free car parking, allowing you to wander into the city through the village of Hoole with its many artisan boutiques and local amentities. The city centre and the railway station are less than one mile away and the hotel is located on several of Chester's frequent bus services. Chester is one of the best-preserved walled cities in England with medieval galleried streets and an extensive range of quality shops, ideal for summer strolls and Christmas bargains. The historic city of Chester is the perfect location for exploring the North West and Wales, and is home to one of Britain's finest racecourses. Snowdonia National Park is less than an hour's drive away and also within easy reach are the Peak District, the Lake District, the Fylde coast and the cities of Manchester and Liverpool. In the immediate vicinity, one can find thousands on places to visit including; Jodrell Bank, Tatton Park, Chirk and Conway Castles, Snowdon Mountain Railway, Mouldsworth Motor Museum and Erddig Hall.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Translation Service , Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely place for a quiet gettaway
What a great little find, filled with quaint old charm and very homely.
Reception was very nice and helpful. Love the winding hallways, and character of the building. The room was cozy with a great balance of old charm and new style. I wouldn't recommend to overly critical people as it wasn't without flaws, like it could have been cleaner and the hot water took a long while to come on, but if that's all you're after then a big name brand hotel is probably better, for me that was all part of the charm and family feel of it so loved it. Wanted to stay a second night but unfortunately there was an event on in Chester that weekend. Would definitely visit again if we find ourselves up that way.
room looked rather 'tired' and was in need of redecoration to give it a lift I would say.
No shampoo or bath gel provided and only the one small bar of soap which did not lather well through three days of our stay. Would like some packets of biscuits to be provided as well.