"Very good, clean hotel...."
"Good service pleasant & helpful staff, the room was ok , we were on the third floor the room was clean, just needed a lick of paint to smart..."
"Excellent service, friendly staff, clean functional room. Enjoyed the experience...."
"The Grand must have been an epic experience back in the day, when travel was a luxury and Scarborough wasn't a total hole. The staff were lo..."
"My original room was down in the basement, spotlessly clean etc. But with the window too high to see out of I felt chlostrophobic! I went to..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
43% would recommend it to a friend
Quite possibly the worst place I've ever stayed, apart from the lady on reception who was very good the hotel was dirty and run down
Dirty, tatty and overpriced
This hotel is anything but "grand" it took 20 minutes to check in.
Had ordered a twin room but was given a double. The lift smelled of rotting vegetables and there was litter strewn across the floor. The whole hotel is in need of gutting and renovating. The walls and carpets are dirty. The carpets are patched with offcuts, The bathroom had silverfish in it and the woodwork was rotting. The room was cramped and there was no bath in the en suite. I payed £119 for one night's stay and was extremely disappointed - it was overpriced. Would have much preferred to have been in the hotel opposite - it would have been basic but clean!