- Very Good
- 65 guest reviews
"Nice enough hotel, good leisure facilities. The room just wasn't really worth the price they want, pretty basic but ok. No fridge in the roo..."
"nice staff and perfect location. Really enjoyed our stay but the hotel could benefit from being updated. Our room was pretty old fashioned l..."
"A modern hotel within walking distance of the center of Oxford and a easy access to the Thames Walk..."
"Great hotel, staff and room...."
About the hotel
Oxford Spires Four Pillars Hotel offers both the business and leisure traveller the best of both worlds. The historic heart of Oxford is less than half a mile away – a pleasant stroll along the riverside or Abingdon Road. Nestling in 20 acres of Thames-side parkland, which is adjacent to a horse sanctuary, the hotel has a truly idyllic setting.
Built in Cotswold stone, the modern building blends seamlessly into its historic setting and is decorated and furnished in a classically elegant style. Whether seeking an ideal business location or the perfect breakaway, the hotel provides the highest level of comfort and service. Service is warm and friendly, with that extra attention to detail. But that’s what you would expect from a Four Pillars Hotel.
Showing Thursday 8 October 2015 to Friday 9 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Quite nice but room was nothing special
Nice enough hotel, good leisure facilities.
The room just wasn't really worth the price they want, pretty basic but ok. No fridge in the room but there was an ironing board and a better hairdryer than some hotels provide. Breakfast was nice. Drinks at the bar were overpriced so we didn't buy any.
very very disappointing.
The hotel room was nothing like the pictures on your site or there website much poorer in appearance more like a seaside b and b, there was a field with horses 3 metres from the window with a stagnant pool of water which they returned to regularly making noises and defocating making the room smell.
At the bar I requested a large glass of wine and asked what cider do you sell and was abruptly told 125ml or 250ml, puzzled I asked what cider to you sell he told with attitude I already told you 125ml or 250ml at which point a colleague told the rude barman he is asking for cider to which he looked at me shrugged his shoulders saying I can't understand you as if it was my fault he didn't have a basic grasp of English. We sat down and looked at menus to eat a bar menu and a restaurant menu, the bar menu was uninspiring the restaurant was a little better even though it had spelling mistakes on it, my partner had a Greek salad and a bread selection and a Greek salad which was average and the bread for some reason toasted quite dark, I ordered a burger one off the restaurant menu as it sounded much nicer with onion rings chilli relish and brioche bun and cheese and gherkins, on arrival my burger was the 10.95 one off the bar menu not the 15.95 one off the restaurant menu, we waited a long time for the too I a rated eating as I was hungry my partner complained to the same rude barman and was told the missing ingredients would follow which they did once I finished and were promptly given to the wrong table, at this point annoyed I returned to the bar to complain it took 25 minutes to get through to them that they'd given me the wrong burger and charged me the wrong price eventually after being told by the rude barman Id got what Id ordered the same more helpful member of staff that rescued him the first time and told him to go to the kitchen whie he removed it from my bill the was busy with a noisy wedding party so we returned to our room annoyed. Our room was so hot we found it neccessary to open all the Windows and blinds only to find there was a security light which illuminated our room and didn't go off, the smell of horses was ever present to we tried to relax but fires doors banging until 2.30 am made this difficult once the banging subsided the horses returned and neighed keeping us up eventually we slept around 4.30 am after a little sleep we were unbelievabley woken at 8.45 by maid letting herself into our room so we went to bed annoyed and woke the same way after the hassle and rudeness at dinner. we gave breakfast a wide birth and decided to check out. I've worked in hospitality for 30 Years and don't like to complain but felt it neccessary in this case the girl at reception was pleasant enough if rushed of her feet, if your not a horse lover you won't want room 45 regardless off the dated decor, as a chef I can tell you the food is grossly overpriced for what was at best average I could of eaten in a good restaurant at those prices in was more motorway services than haute cuisine. For what this cost me there is much better available in Oxford where the staff are courteous and not rude I feel the room pics on the site are misleading and I for one won't return here and it will make me suspicious of pictures of other hotels pics of rooms from now on.