- Very Good
- 136 guest reviews
"Looking back at some of the previous reviews, it’s shocking to see the experiences some people had (or, as matter of fact, the way they had..."
"They were very welcoming and lovely people...."
"Great place beats paying travelodge prices! Dont believe those tripadvisor comments which are negative. How can anyone be negative. Great pl..."
"Although Newmarket Road is very busy and the B&B is near the roundabout, the room at the back I had was quiet. A very comfortable bed and th..."
"Wife was at first not impressed with place as kind of 70's décor and needs sprucing up a bit. After a good nights sleep and a very nice brea..."
About the hotel
At Oakley Lodge we do all we can to make your stay an enjoyable one. Situated 2 miles from the city centre it is equally suitable for individuals, families and groups. Ground floor rooms are available.
Free private parking and free Wi-fi available. Meals available most evenings.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Oakley Lodge in CAMBRIDGE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Great Stay with value for money!
Looking back at some of the previous reviews, it’s shocking to see the experiences some people had (or, as matter of fact, the way they had reported it) at Oakley Lodge.
We needed a place to stay in Cambridge before we settled in and we were not in a place to be very picky. Oakley Lodge offered a good sized room, en suit, and breakfast for a fair price, and whereas many of the other Hotels/Inns were either full or overpriced. And most importantly, it was the closest place to our future home so this was more or less the only option. We weren’t expecting much, and the bad reviews contributed to this, of course. However, when we arrived we were pretty impressed. Our room (Room 4, second floor) was spacious, had a dedicated wash room, and had keys to the second door, so we could access our room easily without passing the reception every time. The owners were nice and welcoming, and we loved the adorable dog (which, understandably, was a cause of concern for some guests). We had a good Wi-Fi connection, a fair sized flat TV, and good clean bedding, with fresh soap and clean towels provided nearly every day of our 6 night stay. The British breakfast I think, was what really stood out. You can mix and match mostly anything on the menu, all the food is freshly prepared and you get quite a good lot of it. Also, to those looking to stay here again, it seems the Lodge has been renovated recently. The en suit and the room has been freshened up.
At the end of our stay, the owner said we’ll be welcome anytime and treated us with a nice discount. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay in Cambridge, being fairly out of center to be quiet and uncongested, but close enough to enjoy Cambridge City.
This was a welcoming treat for us while settling in Cambridge. Definitely worth a look at if you need a smooth stay in Cambridge.
NOT BAD BUT NOT GREAT
Positive-1) Pets are allowed
2) Not too far out from city centre, about 2 miles, bus stop not far away. 3) Wifi worked OK for me, one other review said it didn't. Negative 1) Room very small
2) TV tiny. 3) Needs updating and a general clean-up especially of the outside . 4) My door would not lock at times, from the outside. .Longer version. Agree with previous comment that it needs sprucing up, very dated e.g. carpets and decor, quite tired in general. Dirt and cobwebs all round the left hand entrance. My door would not lock so didn't feel safe to go out leaving any valuables in the room. I was in Room 11, very cramped and TV needed a telescope to view it, far too small and room at the front so some traffic noise, I would avoid this room if possible. Breakfast OK but veggies not well catered for, vegan sausage would have been nice. I paid £45 for ensuite single room, not bad for Cambridge on a Saturday so I might stay again if price was right. Management should respond to the very negative review by Colin A in April 2015, and give their side of it. If I'd seen that before I went I would not have booked in here. On the plus side I wasn't told to "piss off" once. Result.