- 3 guest reviews
"This is a real find, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we arrived early due to driving up from cross channel ferry, we did not expect the room..."
"We planned a weekend away to visit Audley End house, IWM Duxford and Wimpole Place. The Red Lion is perfectly placed as only short drive fro..."
"The Red Lion Pub is a real little gem in the country side, but very close to link roads and motorway's, we were staying there to visit Duxfo..."
About the hotel
Classic 16th Century Grade II listed Freehouse in a tiny conservation village, sitting in a walled garden overlooked by a dovecote and the village church. Exclusive Alastair Sawday Guide publication recommendation. Beamed ceilings, log fires, four cask ales, well known restaurant (AA Rosette, Local Secrets top place to eat and drink in the south of Cambridge 2008 award) - oak raftered traditional dry peg construction.
Eight new-build double ensuites, direct dial telephone, free internet access (modem and wireless). Five 6ft (super king) doubles/twins; Three 5ft (king) doubles All ensuite with bath/shower (one wheelchair/wobbly friendly) There has been no compromise on quality: Top of the Range open-coil spring system mattresses, deep-base divans Down pillows Custom designed and locally hand-made (Nikki Owers) curtains and blinds using fabric by the renowned designer Nicole Fabre Solid birch Craftsman made furniture Karr oak flooring, solid oak doors & architraving throughout Fully tiled (East Anglian Gemini ceramic) bathrooms Chrome towel rails on the hot water system (always on) Choice of Ethernet (fixed line) or wireless internet AC Leigh ironmongery, including electronic fob keys (no more fumbling with keys and locks) Individual thermonstats in each room - set your own temperature Close to Duxford Imperial War Museum, Stansted Airport, Audley End House, Addenbrookes, Cambridge, Chilford Hall Vineyard and the Newmarket race course. NB Check in: 1-3pm or 6-11pm (7-10:30pm Sundays) unless special arrangements are made Check out: before 10:30am (11am weekends
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Visit to Duxford
This is a real find, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we arrived early due to driving up from cross channel ferry, we did not expect the room to be ready but the team made an extra effort to get us booked in early with no problem.
Accommodation fantastic, peaceful and quiet, every comfort, could easily have stayed longer. The food in the pub is excellent, a great choice and reasonably priced, breakfast menu deserves a special mention. The staff were great, very friendly and welcoming, this place will be our first choice if we are in the area. Only a short drive to the Duxford air museum.Thank you very much.
We planned a weekend away to visit Audley End house, IWM Duxford and Wimpole Place.
The Red Lion is perfectly placed as only short drive from all three, very close to M11 and yet a very peaceful location in lovely village.