- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"The Red Lion Pub is a real little gem in the country side, but very close to link roads and motorway's, we were staying there to visit Duxfo..."
"In a pretty little village. Room and ensuite clean and ok size. Wifi ok if a little patchy. Suited me for a brief work stay. Staff friendly..."
"Friendly staff, nice food & Beers, nice renovated rooms, everything nice and clean. Will certanly come back...."
About the hotel
Classic 16th Century Grade II listed Freehouse in a tiny conservation village, sitting in a walled garden overlooked by a dovecote and the village church. Exclusive Alastair Sawday Guide publication recommendation. Beamed ceilings, log fires, four cask ales, well known restaurant (AA Rosette, Local Secrets top place to eat and drink in the south of Cambridge 2008 award) - oak raftered traditional dry peg construction.
Eight new-build double ensuites, direct dial telephone, free internet access (modem and wireless). Five 6ft (super king) doubles/twins; Three 5ft (king) doubles All ensuite with bath/shower (one wheelchair/wobbly friendly) There has been no compromise on quality: Top of the Range open-coil spring system mattresses, deep-base divans Down pillows Custom designed and locally hand-made (Nikki Owers) curtains and blinds using fabric by the renowned designer Nicole Fabre Solid birch Craftsman made furniture Karr oak flooring, solid oak doors & architraving throughout Fully tiled (East Anglian Gemini ceramic) bathrooms Chrome towel rails on the hot water system (always on) Choice of Ethernet (fixed line) or wireless internet AC Leigh ironmongery, including electronic fob keys (no more fumbling with keys and locks) Individual thermonstats in each room - set your own temperature Close to Duxford Imperial War Museum, Stansted Airport, Audley End House, Addenbrookes, Cambridge, Chilford Hall Vineyard and the Newmarket race course. NB Check in: 1-3pm or 6-11pm (7-10:30pm Sundays) unless special arrangements are made Check out: before 10:30am (11am weekends
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, CD Player, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
The Red Lion Pub is a real little gem in the country side, but very close to link roads and motorway's, we were staying there to visit Duxford war museum the following day, we had been out in Cambridge the night before and needed some rest and good food by the time checked in.
There was separate parking for accommodation patrons and the rooms were separate to the Pub in a mews style setting, on entering the room it was a joy, the heating had been put on and the rooms were spacious and airy, very clean and very modern top spec fittings, the bed was very comfortable with crisp white linen and once in the room it was very quiet, we were in the country side after all, I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday roast we had and would recommend it to anyone, this was a very nice relaxing stay and just what we needed.
Quiet, clean, pub-hotel in pretty village.
In a pretty little village.
Room and ensuite clean and ok size. Wifi ok if a little patchy.
Suited me for a brief work stay. Staff friendly. V quiet in evenings and no shop in walking distance.
Food decent. No air con.