- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"pleasant clean friendly hotel...."
"Was really impressed by the grandeur of the hotel on its website and when arriving. We were staying to attend an event and a romantic night..."
"Lovely hotel, clean and smart with character. Very impressed...."
"The television didn't work, but a call to reception and the duty manager came straight up and fixed it. Room cool (which was wonderful becau..."
"We travelled to Plymouth for one night as we were going to the theatre royal. After having seen a previous review I was a bit sceptical, as..."
About the hotel
The BEST WESTERN Duke of Cornwall Hotel is a true Plymouth landmark, and provides a great base from which to explore Devon, Cornwall and the Eden Project. The hotel's Victorian Gothic architecture sets the tone for the magnificent food, standards and service you'll find inside. While away from this wonderful building, there's plenty for families, couples and business travellers to enjoy.
Just minutes from Plymouth's historic waterfront, the hotel offers as much convenience as it does comfort. Only when you stay here will you fully appreciate the hotel's central location! *All public areas non-smoking* One AA rosette for fine food served in our elegant restaurant. All bedrooms individually designed. Closest hotel to cross channel Ferryport.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
BEST WESTERN Duke Of Cornwall Hotel
pleasant clean friendly hotel.
Lovely hotel but could do a bit more to impress
Was really impressed by the grandeur of the hotel on its website and when arriving.
We were staying to attend an event and a romantic night away, so we were slightly disappointed that our bottle of prosecco wasn't waiting for us as requested. It also took thre attempts to get through to reception to have it brought up. We also felt the room could have done with sprucing up,particularly as it was a superior room- perhaps some cushions on the armchairs and a bedspread. So unfortunately we didn't feel it was worth the £117; but nonetheless the cooked breakfast was very nice and you really got a sense of the old world charm of the building; the staff were also very polite and friendly. Just one final point-There were window boxes outside that were a bit of a disappointment as they were pretty much unplanted. At this time of the year these really could have been cascading with flowers to create the wow factor and curb appeal. We therefore thought, the hotel had so much potential, but just didn't quite hit the mark I'm afraid.