"Quaint place, with attractive bar etc, in the fifteen century pub. Our room downstairs, so a little difficult to take large suitcase down. S..."
"Perfectly serviceable place for a short stay. Pros: Enormous bed. Friendly staff. Cons: Clearly very cheap modifications to a beautiful old..."
"Lovely place. Atmospheric like an Inn in Poldark. The owner Claudio was extremely attentive...."
"Friendly and inviting, able to talk to staff, owner of inn...."
"room was very clean a spacious bit dated as other reviews mentioned bit pricey for just 1 room but overal nice friendly staff would stay aga..."
About the hotel
WHAT WE OFFER • Central Village Location • • Complimentary (Free) WiFi Internet • • 32" Flat Screen TV's With 'Free View' In All Rooms • • Complimentary (Free) Limited Underground Parking • • Free Public Parking • • Complimentary (Free) Continental Breakfast • • 21 Bedrooms • • 1 Mile From Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • FOOD & DRINKS Fresh Homemade Food, Carefully Selected Wines, Local Real Ales & Juices, Set In a Cosy Bar with Real Log Fire. AMBIANCE • Inglenook Fireplace • Real Log Fire • Original Heavy Oak Beams • • Situated In Picturesque Village • Surrounded By Ashdown Forest • ABOUT THE CHEQUERS The Chequers is a 15th Century Old English Pub complete with Inglenook Fireplace, Real Log Fire, Lounge, Dining Room, Modern Style Hotel, Offering Accommodation Bed & Breakfast (B&B) in East Sussex, Near East Grinstead, Lingfield & Tumbridge Wells. The Chequers is in the Ashdown Forest, part of the High Weald area, which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The 21 rooms are to the quiet rear of the premises, in our 19th-century extension. Conference & Banqueting Facilities are also available. NEAR BY ATTRACTIONS • Winnie The Pooh & Pooh Bridge • • The Bluebell Railway • • Ashdown Llama Park • • Standen Gardens • NEAR BY ACTIVITIES • Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • • Weir Wood Sailing Club • • Lingfield Race Course • • Northall Clay Pigeon Club • WALKERS & CYCLISTS • Secure Underground Garage For Bicycles • • Hose Pipe Available To Wash Boots & Bikes • • Drying Room Available •
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Mountain Bike Hire , Tennis Courts , Fishing , Horse Riding , Clay Pigeon Shooting , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
40% would recommend it to a friend
surprisingly modern room in very historic pub
Quaint place, with attractive bar etc, in the fifteen century pub.
Our room downstairs, so a little difficult to take large suitcase down. Street parking only, but to problem with security. Internet only available in the bar lounge/hotel reception area. This area inaccessible till 7 am., so inconvenient.
Overnight Stay for Local Wedding
Perfectly serviceable place for a short stay.
Enormous bed. Friendly staff. Cons:
Clearly very cheap modifications to a beautiful old building. Weird toilet cubicle in bedroom.