"I had be allocated Room 30, but on arrival at 9pm discovered that room had been allocated to a guest who had arrived earlier. Adam introduce..."
"All staff were very polite and helpful. Food was good, the atmosphere lovely...."
"Quaint place, with attractive bar etc, in the fifteen century pub. Our room downstairs, so a little difficult to take large suitcase down. S..."
"Perfectly serviceable place for a short stay. Pros: Enormous bed. Friendly staff. Cons: Clearly very cheap modifications to a beautiful old..."
"Lovely place. Atmospheric like an Inn in Poldark. The owner Claudio was extremely attentive...."
About the hotel
WHAT WE OFFER • Central Village Location • • Complimentary (Free) WiFi Internet • • 32" Flat Screen TV's With 'Free View' In All Rooms • • Complimentary (Free) Limited Underground Parking • • Free Public Parking • • Complimentary (Free) Continental Breakfast • • 21 Bedrooms • • 1 Mile From Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • FOOD & DRINKS Fresh Homemade Food, Carefully Selected Wines, Local Real Ales & Juices, Set In a Cosy Bar with Real Log Fire. AMBIANCE • Inglenook Fireplace • Real Log Fire • Original Heavy Oak Beams • • Situated In Picturesque Village • Surrounded By Ashdown Forest • ABOUT THE CHEQUERS The Chequers is a 15th Century Old English Pub complete with Inglenook Fireplace, Real Log Fire, Lounge, Dining Room, Modern Style Hotel, Offering Accommodation Bed & Breakfast (B&B) in East Sussex, Near East Grinstead, Lingfield & Tumbridge Wells. The Chequers is in the Ashdown Forest, part of the High Weald area, which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The 21 rooms are to the quiet rear of the premises, in our 19th-century extension. Conference & Banqueting Facilities are also available. NEAR BY ATTRACTIONS • Winnie The Pooh & Pooh Bridge • • The Bluebell Railway • • Ashdown Llama Park • • Standen Gardens • NEAR BY ACTIVITIES • Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • • Weir Wood Sailing Club • • Lingfield Race Course • • Northall Clay Pigeon Club • WALKERS & CYCLISTS • Secure Underground Garage For Bicycles • • Hose Pipe Available To Wash Boots & Bikes • • Drying Room Available •
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Smoking allowed in public areas , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Currency Exchange , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Mountain Bike Hire , Tennis Courts , Fishing , Horse Riding , Clay Pigeon Shooting , Sailing
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
39% would recommend it to a friend
Chequers Inn Hotel
Absolutely appalling worst hotel I stayed in.
Not value for money
The room had not been hovered, the milk was off and didn't get anymore until we asked, had to ask for another pillow each and got a very musty one.
There was no chef so no evening meals and didn't get offered a cooked breakfast. The staff were great and done there best, but it wasn't worth the money we paid.