- Very Good
- 93 guest reviews
"very friendly very helpful in every way, would defiantly stay again..."
"Another super stall at the Talbot Inn...."
"clean, comfortable room, pleasant bar/restaurant, helpful staff and adequate parking..."
"Food: Evening meal great, breakfast less so, spoilt by some inferior ingredients. Beverages: Great real ales, good range. Drinks provided in..."
About the hotel
Steeped in history, The Talbot is a fascinating place where details are recounted in a plaque in the bar. There was a building on this site as long ago as 1376 and the building was originally used as a wharf where goods to be moved down the river were loaded. It has been a pub since at least 1774.
In those days it was called The Horse and Jockey but was re-named in 1836 to The Talbot which is an extinct breed of hound. Today The Talbot is a one-bar pub with a partitioned restaurant area and great care has been taken not to spoil the pub's genuine character whenever it has been modernised. The exposed beams are original, as are many other parts of the building. This beautiful Oxfordshire pub, which offers its guests a hearty menu of decent home cooked food and great beers, wines and other bar drinks is easy to find but hard to leave. - Eight Modern en-suite rooms in a peaceful Wharf side lodge - Three simple rooms in the original building which have been recently refurbished - Traditional Arkells Ales served straight from the barrel - Excellent links to Oxford and the A40, A34 and A420 - Traditional freshly prepared home-cooked food - Serving locals since 1774, some are still here!! - Cosy bar and restaurant - Genuine character with exposed beams running throughout - Dogs welcome - Plentiful car parking available - On the Thames path
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
fab stay at the talbot
very friendly very helpful in every way, would defiantly stay again
Super weekend away
Another super stall at the Talbot Inn.