- 23 guest reviews
"Paid £59 and got upgraded (was tuesday night) and room 9 was fantastic. Will definitely stay there again...."
"I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I had been upgraded to a room in the "clock tower", the room was very well proportioned and the f..."
"Could possibly do with a general "tidy up" decoration wise...."
"A charming place that has a country house feel about. Nice spacious and comfortable room. Friendly and welcoming staff with good food. Lack..."
About the hotel
Cantley House Hotel is a spacious 36 bedroom Victorian Country House Hotel set in 50 acres of beautiful Berkshire Parkland. The private gardens and parkland surrounding the Hotel guarantee a quiet peaceful setting for a stay or an event, yet Cantley is only a short drive from the busy commercial centres of Reading and Bracknell with excellent transport links. Formerly the home of the Marquis of Ormonde, the mansion was built in 1880 and originally converted with great care into a Hotel in 1983.
The building has been carefully restored over the years maintaining its many beautiful architectural features. Each room is individually designed and decorated by our own team and the furniture is thoughtfully chosen from local antique dealers and auctions. All rooms offer modern facilities such as free Wifi, flat screen TV's and tea & coffee making facilities.
Miltons Restaurant is located in its own private courtyard within the beautiful grounds of Cantley House Hotel. We specialise in serving modern European cuisine in a relaxed, informal yet modern setting. The restaurant makes the perfect accompaniment to a stay at Cantley House or a delightful venue for an evening meal or lunch time get together.
Cantley House is immediately accessible from the M4 motorway and Wokingham Rail Station is a 10 minute drive away. Free onsite parking is available for guests.
***Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Dogs are permitted to a maximum of 7. 5 kg and at a surcharge, payable to the hotel direct. A maximum of 1 per room is allowed. Hotel has designated pet friendly rooms. Please inform the hotel in advance by using the Special Requests box when booking or by using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Cantley House Hotel - a Bespoke Hotel
Paid £59 and got upgraded (was tuesday night) and room 9 was fantastic.
Will definitely stay there again.
2nd 1 night stay
I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I had been upgraded to a room in the "clock tower", the room was very well proportioned and the facilities were excellent.
I will certainly be looking to stay again in the very near future.