- 33 guest reviews
"A charming place that has a country house feel about. Nice spacious and comfortable room. Friendly and welcoming staff with good food. Lack..."
"I felt at home! Relaxing stay in a comfortable hotel. Not sure about some of the artwork though! I will be adding this hotel to my top 5...."
"good service in the reception and a pleasant atmosphere - thoroughly recommend...."
"The hotel rooms (Superior) was quiet and large with a very comfortable bed, and view over the park. The shower however was lukewarm. The sta..."
About the hotel
Cantley House Hotel is a spacious 36 bedroom Victorian Country House Hotel set in 50 acres of beautiful Berkshire Parkland. The private gardens and parkland surrounding the Hotel guarantee a quiet peaceful setting for a stay or an event, yet Cantley is only a short drive from the busy commercial centres of Reading and Bracknell with excellent transport links. Formerly the home of the Marquis of Ormonde, the mansion was built in 1880 and originally converted with great care into a Hotel in 1983.
The building has been carefully restored over the years maintaining its many beautiful architectural features. In 2001 The Clocktower wing with architecture inspired by local Almshouses was constructed adding 15 Executive rooms and suites. Cantley House Hotel prides itself on providing some of the highest quality bedrooms in Berkshire. Each room is individually designed and decorated by our own team and the furniture is thoughtfully chosen from local antique dealers and auctions. As we have moved through the hotel improving bedrooms we have found it convenient to categorise some of the larger rooms as "Executive". However, rest assured that no room will disappoint and a comfortable stay will be had throughout the hotel. Miltons Restaurant is located in its own private courtyard within the beautiful grounds of Cantley House Hotel. We specialise in serving modern European cuisine in a relaxed, informal yet modern setting. The restaurant makes the perfect accompaniment to a stay at Cantley House or a delightful venue for an evening meal or lunch time get together. ***Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply. Dogs are permitted to a maximum of 7. 5 kg and at a surcharge, payable to the hotel direct. A maximum of 1 per room is allowed. Hotel has designated pet friendly rooms. Please inform the hotel in advance by using the Special Requests box when booking or by using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Cantley House Hotel - a Bespoke Hotel
Country House in a Town
A charming place that has a country house feel about.
Nice spacious and comfortable room. Friendly and welcoming staff with good food. Lack of a glass in the bathroom an oversight?