- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"Must be the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in the Wedgewood room is just beautiful...."
"Food was superb and the room hand a veranda and would have been beautiful in the summer...."
"Was upgraded to bridal suite. 4 poster , 300 year old room with original features. Windows on 3 sides. Even though we arrived late staff st..."
"Hotel a bit tired in places but staff very good..."
"Lovely surroundings with the Thames flowing past the bedroom window. I loved it. Steeped in history and yet modern. If you love boating, mis..."
About the hotel
The two centuries old, Monkey Island Hotel is picturesquely set on it’s own Private Island making it an unusual venue for all kinds of occasions. Located in the middle of the Thames, near the village of Bray-on-Thames, Maidenhead, the hotel is accessed only by footbridge or boat. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, stunning riverboats that ply the Thames and swans that merge elegantly with the scenery, the hotel blends its scenic location, natural beauty and architectural elegance to create a paradise.
Our aim is to provide good food, attention to detail and professional service in an atmosphere of friendly hospitality. With our experienced team and excellent reputation for quality, Monkey Island is the perfect location for discerning visitors.
Showing Saturday 4 July 2015 to Sunday 5 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/03/2013 to 31/12/2014 - The Monkey Island Hotel is an extremely popular wedding venue particularly at weekends, so our restaurant and bar areas can be very busy. Please telephone hotel directly to check dining availability The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely setting very impressive, but rooms very dated and in need re decorating .
Bed lumpy . Good choice for breakfast but at £14.50 it should be had smoked haddock with poached eggs both over cooked .
Monkey Island no paradise
It's a funny old place.
Arriving over the M4 Motorway you'd think it could be noisy but the approach and entrance are very attractive as the Hotel reception is over a pedestrian river bridge onto the Island. The reception was ok but the first room (I'd booked the more expensive Luxury Room) was redecorated but was small with a v small double. I politely asked to change and was matter of factedly move across the corridor to a tired room with a 5ft bed. Didn't seem logical but it was passable and provided a comfortable nights sleep.
When you look closely the whole place looks 'tired' and needs investment. It could be terrific.