- Very Good
- 92 guest reviews
"From the outside it doesn't look that great. However, inside it's lovely. Lovely staff and the rooms were nice. Fresh towels and hairdryer w..."
"Very handy hotel for many sites around Chatham..."
"Great value for money. Breakfast included, which is cooked as you order. Not buffet. Bar food was reasonable. Only negative I had was hotel..."
"I was very happy with our stay but one thing let it down. I ordered a bottle of champagne to be at our table when seated. When we got the bo..."
"Wow did the kids love the bunk beds! Staff lovely, bar quite nice. Old barracks converted in the nineties but all good. Recommended...."
About the hotel
The King Charles Hotel is a privately-owned, modern, 98 bedroom hotel. We are ideal as a base for exploring both Kent and London and make an ideal stopover for coaches heading to and from Europe. Free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas and parking is also free.
The hotel consists of 97 bedrooms, which all contain the following: Walk-in shower, flat-screen, and digital-channel television; wireless broadband, telephone, hairdryer, tea and coffee-making facilities. The King Charles’s restaurant provides traditional French and English cuisine, with à la carte and table d’hôte menus on offer. Guests can also enjoy drinks or light lunches with a large-screen TV at the hotel bar. The Hotel is set in the heart of Medway and Maritime Kent and is just 2 minutes away from Historic Rochester with it's Castle, Cathedral and Dickens Museum. Other sites of interest in Medway include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Fort Amherst, the Royal Engineers Museum and Dicken's World. Central London is just 30 miles away as is the Channel Tunnel and Ferry Ports. Other places of interest include Bluewater Shopping Centre, Leeds Castle and Canterbury. Our residents bar has been refurbished to a high standard and is now serving lunch and evening meals. All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. Guests will not be granted access to their rooms until this has been received.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- 22/01/2014 to 31/12/2024 - All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. - The hotel will pre-authorize the card 48 hours before arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
King Charles Hotel
From the outside it doesn't look that great.
However, inside it's lovely. Lovely staff and the rooms were nice. Fresh towels and hairdryer which is very useful. Bed was comfy. I wish I could say something about the food but I can't. I was far too hungover to eat!!. But what I saw was good. Tea, coffee, fruit juice, cereal, bread and English and continental.
King Charles Hotel
Very handy hotel for many sites around Chatham