- Very Good
- 99 guest reviews
"Great value for money. Breakfast included, which is cooked as you order. Not buffet. Bar food was reasonable. Only negative I had was hotel..."
"I was very happy with our stay but one thing let it down. I ordered a bottle of champagne to be at our table when seated. When we got the bo..."
"Wow did the kids love the bunk beds! Staff lovely, bar quite nice. Old barracks converted in the nineties but all good. Recommended...."
"The outside image on arrival was slightly daunting but once inside we received a warm welcome from reception staff who bent over backwards t..."
"A relaxing Time at The King Charles...."
About the hotel
The King Charles Hotel is a privately-owned, modern, 98 bedroom hotel. Rooms provide en suite bathrooms, satellite TV, and hairdryers. Free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas.
The King Charles’s restaurant provides traditional French and English cuisine, with à la carte and table d’hôte menus on offer. Guests can also enjoy drinks or light lunches with a large-screen TV at the hotel bar. The Hotel is set in the heart of Medway and Maritime Kent and is just 2 minutes away from Historic Rochester with it's Castle, Cathedral and Dickens Museum. Other sites of interest in Medway include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Fort Amherst, the Royal Engineers Museum and Dicken's World. Central London is just 30 miles away as is the Channel Tunnel and Ferry Ports. Other places of interest include Bluewater Shopping Centre, Leeds Castle and Canterbury. We are ideal as a base for exploring both Kent and London and make an ideal stopover for coaches heading to and from Europe. Our residents bar has been refurbished to a high standard and is now serving lunch and evening meals All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. Guests will not be granted access to their rooms until this has been received. Free on-site parking available.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 22/01/2014 to 31/12/2024 - All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. - The hotel will pre-authorize the card 48 hours before arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
King Charles Hotel
Great value for money.
Breakfast included, which is cooked as you order. Not buffet. Bar food was reasonable. Only negative I had was hotel room doesn't look from inside. So if you have a child that can reach the handle they can open it. ( like ours did)
Honey moon stay
I was very happy with our stay but one thing let it down.
I ordered a bottle of champagne to be at our table when seated. When we got the bottle it hadn't been chilled even when they knew it was pre -booked. The actual meal wasn't great,sauté mushrooms were burnt. They brought out new ones and said we won't charge you for these ones. ( I should think not ). Breakfast was very nice though. Bar staff and reception staff excellent but dining staff need to relax and be more friendly. Very regimental manager of dining room.