"I cannot believe that we were not informed prior to staying/booking that this 'hotel' is home to so many asylum seekers if we had been infor..."
"A nice convenient and clean hotel...."
"A nice clean room...."
About the hotel
The Britannia Hotel Stockport is a modern building in a quiet residential district only minutes from the centre. An ideal base for both Business and Leisure guests with the excellent facilities that are on offer here. All 187 bedrooms are en-suite and decorated with pastel colours that blend in well with the wood furniture, facilities include: TV, Trouser Press and Tea & Coffee making facilities.
Jenny’s restaurant is spacious and accommodates the main restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jenny’s Cocktail Bar is a large area and compliments the restaurant well. The attractive swimming pool and leisure club is popular way to unwind. There are 10 large conference rooms that can accommodate up to 400 people with the latest technology, plus WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Friday 27 November 2015 to Saturday 28 November 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Would never stay their again
Room dirty shower either boiling or freezing no in-between.
staff more interested in chatting to gym employees than serving you.
Britannia Hotel Stockport
Flickering light in room - fixed on request.
Phone not working. TV old CRT type and picture quality very poor. Internet not available in the room. Internet "playing up at the moment". Dozens of people loitering in corridors, women sitting on their haunches in the corridors ("they've been told they're not to do that!"). Police arrested at least two people adjacent to the bar area. Youths loitering at the hotel entrance. Dozens of people aimlessly standing in reception who were told they had to use the back entrance. They were moved in to the hotel - "not staff, nor guests". My room cost £120 per night. All fellow guests I spoke to felt that it was strange and intimidating to have to walk through aimless groups of people hanging around, in order to get to the toilets. I resented the high room rate of £120 for a poor room and poor facilities and an odd hotel experience. The reception to be fair were very good and working under difficult conditions.