Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
33% would recommend it to a friend
A mixed bag
The positives about this hotel: - friendly and helpful staff; - clean; - comfortable bed; - great location.
- very steep stairs to get to reception - no lift;
- we had an interior room next to reception which had no windows (just two opaque skylights);
- room was very warm to sleep in;
- could do with a bit of a revamp;
- very noisy location - there was a disco/party beneath which went on until about 4am;
- breakfast was minimal and delivered to the room on a tray - no full buffet.
Well located, but too expensive
I was travelling by bike and there is no secure storage within the hotel but the staff were helpful in allowing me to store it in a nearby building which was undergoing renovation.
However, this would seem to be a happy coincidence rather than something to rely on, otherwise you would have to secure it to the railings by the canal outside (so make sure you have a good lock). However, the accommodation is acceptable but no more. I was in a room with a double bed which nearly filled the room and looked out onto the internal roofspace. The room seemed overwarm even with the heating off and although there was a sink in the room the shower and toilet were across the landing. Breakfast was served on a tray in the room as there is no dining room. I do not know if they let this as a single only but it would be unsuitable for 2 people. On the plus side, the hotel is very central and probably reasonably priced for what you get by Amsterdam standards and the staff were helpful. Personally, I would look elsewhere if I returned to the city.