- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"Very quaint old style hotel, second time to stay here, stayed 2 nights Friday & Saturday this time around, double room - very comfortable, c..."
"enjoyed my stay..."
"We really enjoyed our stay at The Western Hotel. The staff are superb, from reception to bar staff to those serving breakfast. It was our fi..."
"bit too expenisve for the size of the room, some hostels would have the same sized room. Location was great and food was excellent (we both..."
"All staff were helpful especially the Bar staff. Breakfast staff were ok but on the whole everything was great and would definitely recommen..."
About the hotel
The three star Western Hotel is located in the heart of Galway City and offers the highest standard of accommodation. This family-run hotel comprises of three impressive Georgian buildings and blends an old style feel with all modern conveniences. Enjoying a long tradition of hospitality, experienced by our many guests year on year - a unique and friendly atmosphere ensures you feel entirely at home.
Among the 40 rooms we have to offer are single, double, twin, family and triple rooms, as well as a room with facilities to accommodate our wheelchair using guests. The Hotel Western Bar is a warm and welcoming place, traditional, friendly and renowned for the largest open traditional Irish music sessions in Galway. Our hotel restaurant offers a tantalizing selection of food. A varied choise of delicious dishes are available from our carvery and snack menu, with an A La Carte menu in the evening. Our meals are prepared from fresh local produce. The Western Suites are luxury 2 bedroom suites catering for up to 5 people. The suites are in the heart of Galway City, located just a stroll away from the famous Eyre Square. The Western Suites are located to the rear of the hotel up a flight of stairs and are designed to give you a home away from home during your stay in Galway, offering you a functional kitchen and seating area, bathroom and two separate bedrooms. The suites are serviced daily. Car parking options for Hotel Guests. The Western Hotel offers free underground Valet Car Park for all guests. Guests checking into CityPoint Apartments are also asked to arrive for their check -in to The Western Hotel. They will be given further instructions at reception. Directions to Hotel’s short term underground parking: Arriving from any direction, follow the signs to the City Centre and Eyre Square. Once on Eyre Square, take the road exiting the square at the top right-hand corner at Richardson’s Pub. Proceed onwards on the left lane. Pass TK Maxx, Galway City Council building and The Western Hotel and take the first turn left, then left again into St. Bridget’s Place. Our underground car park is on the left, down the ramp.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 26/07/2016 to 31/07/2016 - For bookings 26th - 31st July inclusive , total price of the first night will be charged at time of booking. In the event of cancellation or modification payment will not be refunded. See T&C's. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Weekend stay at the Western Hotel
Very quaint old style hotel, second time to stay here, stayed 2 nights Friday & Saturday this time around, double room - very comfortable, clean with usual added extras (TV, tea-making facilities, iron & board), large clean bathroom with powerful shower.
Reception staff very helpful and courteous. Ideal location just off Eyre Square, few minutes walk from Shop Street etc. Next time in Galway will be booking this hotel if possible....