- Very Good
- 75 guest reviews
"Easy to find hotel with adequate parking. Reception on arrival was very good - everything ready for us and a helpful receptionist. The room..."
"Breakfast was excellent!!..."
"Excellent all round. Friendly staff, niceroom, great breakfast, good price and free parking too...."
"Unfortunetly the first night of accomodation was awful. No bath facility. the room was unbearably hot ,like being in a sauna,and drenched in..."
"I was going to a Michelin Star restaurant and wanted an hotel close to where I was going. Searched for a local hotel and had a few options...."
About the hotel
The Eaton Hotel offers good quality bedrooms and a superb restaurant. It is conveniently located near to the Birmingham city centre and the M5 and M6 motorways. The bedrooms are comfortable and have been newly redecorated and refurnished to the highest standard.
They contain tea and coffee making facilities, a safe, ironing facilities, trouser press and a hairdryer. All rooms have 32'' LCD TVs with freeview and SkySports channels. Free wireless broadband is available to guests throughout the hotel. Our Regency Restaurant serves an excellent variety of English and French cuisine. It is open for lunch Monday-Friday and Monday-Saturday for dinner. The restaurant is not open on Sunday. Bar facilities are available till late.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Easy to find hotel with adequate parking.
Reception on arrival was very good - everything ready for us and a helpful receptionist.
The room itself was larger than average with the requested quiet outlook. it was spotlessly clean with a modern bathroom also spotless and with a large shower cubicle.
The bed had a soft mattress (too soft for our tastes) with a plastic-backed mattress protector which, whilst not unexpected, made sleeping (and I mean sleeping) on it a hot and sweaty experience. The duvet was winter-weight which was just not appropriate for late June. The room itself was warm (possibly due to its location in the hotel) and a flat roof immediately outside the window made leaving it open when we were out an impractical idea. There was neither air conditioning or forced ventilation, though a decent sized desk top fan was provided - and used. Consequently, we had a fairly uncomfortable night v- the room too warm and the bedcover too heavy. The bathroom had a thermostatically controlled towel radiator, but of course was already warm and humid so that towels left on it over-night did not dry. Any idea of leaving the bathroom light on - and hence the bathroom extractor fan working - was foiled by the noise made by the fan. This may all sound like a fairly serious moan, but in reality I expect that none of these factors would be important for 9 months of the year. What did need doing was fitting a couple of clothes hooks in the bedroom and bathroom. The absence of these meant that the only place to hang (say) rain-soaked clothing (not that we had any) would have been in the wardrobe and that there was no where to hang clothing taken out of the wardrobe and pressed (using the ironing board and iron provided). Breakfast was in the restaurant with a good choice with good quality food freshly cooked to order. There was also a good buffet for juice, cereals, rolls etc. Service was prompt and friendly. The only personnel downside was on checkout. We mentioned the room temperature/duvet weight issues in terms of something the hotel should be addressing - certainly not as complaints. The lady on reception was quite simply not interested - we got the distinct impression that she'd heard it all before. She did say that all the rooms had the thick duvets and that she did not think that they had space to store 50 or more winter-weight duvets when these would not be required. After that, we didn't bother to raise the coat-hook issue. So what was our overall view. This hotel is in many respects very well run and deserves to get business. Minor convenience improvements would make it better. The only issue that we thought serious was that of the bedding.
Breakfast was excellent!!