- Very Good
- 69 guest reviews
"I booked the Eaton for the 2nd time a year on from the first because I was impressed the first time. Unfortunately this was not the case fo..."
"Second stay at the Eaton having previously been put off by being over the loud function room. Requested a quiet room and got one at the rear..."
"We needed a hotel in this area so chanced it and didn't know what to expect. We were very pleased. Good parking, attentive staff and quite a..."
"Easy to find hotel with adequate parking. Reception on arrival was very good - everything ready for us and a helpful receptionist. The room..."
"Breakfast was excellent!!..."
About the hotel
The Eaton Hotel offers good quality bedrooms and a superb restaurant. It is conveniently located near to the Birmingham city centre and the M5 and M6 motorways. The bedrooms are comfortable and have been newly redecorated and refurnished to the highest standard.
They contain tea and coffee making facilities, a safe, ironing facilities, trouser press and a hairdryer. All rooms have 32'' LCD TVs with freeview and SkySports channels. Free wireless broadband is available to guests throughout the hotel. Our Regency Restaurant serves an excellent variety of English and French cuisine. It is open for lunch Monday-Friday and Monday-Saturday for dinner. The restaurant is not open on Sunday. Bar facilities are available till late.
Showing Tuesday 6 October 2015 to Wednesday 7 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
2nd stay here.....but disappointed
I booked the Eaton for the 2nd time a year on from the first because I was impressed the first time.
Unfortunately this was not the case for my return. All was going well until around 11:30pm I heard some voices and a few loud noises coming from outside my room near the window. I got up out of bed to have a look through the curtains to find a man on a ladder with another man with him. This was literally 10 inches away from my window, needless to say it made me jump big time. I quickly closed the curtains and called reception to ask if they knew why I had 2 men right outside my window. I was then told, in a very polite manner that 'yes sir, tonight they are cleaning the kitchen ducting, which is right outside of your room'. I asked how long this would take and was given the response, 'not long usually sir, normally only around 4-5 hours'. Obviously I then asked why I wasn't told this on arrival to which I did receive an apology and also told this could not be done during the daytime as they use the kitchen. What about a night time, its a hotel, people come here to sleep.
I was called back just 30 minutes or so later to be told that they would be done outside of my room in around 20 minutes. Throughout the night I did still hear bangs and loud noises which ensured I did not get much rest at all. During check out I did state that I wasn't very happy and I didn't sleep very well at all, but I was still charged full price for my stay. I am very disappointed and would have liked an offer of some compensation for a terrible nights stay, whether part or full refund.
To cap it off, as I went to breakfast I had missed it by 6 minutes, so I had to leave hungry.
Hate moaning, but had to stress how this visit has made me feel. I would have contemplated staying here again next year and recommend it to anyone, but the fact it hasn't been smoothed over with any form of offer to rectify, unfortunately leaves me with bad feelings.
Second stay at the Eaton having previously been put off by being over the loud function room.
Requested a quiet room and got one at the rear of the Hotel. Great location being on the Hagley Road, with easy access to the City Centre, with buses every 5 minutes. Ample parking at front and rear of Hotel which is great for a Hotel so near the City. Breakfast was mostly good with good choices. Only problem was that young waitress got my order wrong on both days, and by the time I got the extra items, they were cold. Also she served me burnt/black toast one morning. She didn't seemed bothered when I asked for some that was better. Reception were very friendly upon checking in, but not when leaving. Felt they didn't want to know whether quests were happy or not.