- 6 guest reviews
"A beautiful hotel, helpful staff, very dog friendly. Highly recommended. Lovely river walk nearby, amazing countryside generally..."
"A warm courteous welcome, check in and taken to our room. Exceptionally crisp and clean. Despite being in one of the cheaper rooms the quali..."
"The welcome we received on arrival was first class. As we were shown to our room we remarked that there were a lot of stairs. We were immedi..."
"A real find in the centre of lovely Midhurst. Enjoyed the spa facilities and an excellent breakfast and the room was very comfortable. Best..."
"Lovely break with my daughter, will hopefully come again for two days !..."
About the hotel
One of England’s oldest coaching inns, the 15th Century Spread Eagle Hotel and Spa welcomes you with a fine blend of traditional charm and contemporary comfort. Nestling in the historic town of Midhurst, it is the perfect setting to explore the beautiful South Downs, swim, spa and fine dine. Stepping in to the hotel is like taking a journey back in time.
Relax in the comfortable leather chairs of the 15th-century lounge with its ancient oak beams, leaded-light windows and huge open fires. The sentried hallway leads to the restaurant with its inglenook fireplace and stained glass windows, where we offer diners a perfect balance of old and new with our Head Chef’s menu of modern classic British cuisine. Guests can enjoy fine dining in traditional surroundings. The Spread Eagle’s 39 bedrooms and suites are all individually designed and decorated and many are furnished with antiques, reflecting the history of the hotel. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, hospitality tray, television, direct-dial phone, wifi, and hairdryer. The Spread Eagle Spa brings a distinctly contemporary touch to this historic hotel, with excellent facilities beneath a Scandinavian-style vaulted wooden ceiling. It is the perfect spot to swim in our indoor heated pool, enjoy a body or beauty treatment, relax in either the Jacuzzi, sauna or seam room or work-out in our well-equipped fitness suite. The Midhurst district is a ‘hidden jewel’. From the local antiques and tea shops to the South Downs National Park, the town is the gateway to a plethora of experiences all within a stone’s throw of the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely place - will be back
A beautiful hotel, helpful staff, very dog friendly.
Highly recommended. Lovely river walk nearby, amazing countryside generally
Superb excellence at the Spread Eagle
A warm courteous welcome, check in and taken to our room.
Exceptionally crisp and clean. Despite being in one of the cheaper rooms the quality still shone through and a good nights sleep was had. A visit to the pool for a pre breakfast swim was the icing on the cake for us. Breakfast lived up to expectations and the staff couldn't do more.
On checking out we have booked a higher priced room for a night in August. We simply can't wait.