- Very Good
- 61 guest reviews
"Would have given food a 6 rating but dining room for breakfast was very cold and therefore food cooled very quickly. I know there are renova..."
"Hotel going under major refurbishment, however very little disruption for guests, one of our favourite hotels. Looking forward to next trip...."
"Highly recommend this hotel, good and rooms outstanding...."
"Great hotel for couples plus very acomadating for family's Italian in the hotel wasn't the greatest would have much preferred the bar and g..."
About the hotel
The 520 acre five star Fairmont St Andrews resort encapsulates luxury, elegance and truly breathtaking surroundings in the 'Home of Golf'. A truly unique and special venue that makes your visit one to remember, with its lavish and stunning surroundings, peaceful setting with stunning cliff top views of St Andrews and the North Sea. The resort prides itself with an array of fabulous facilities including two championship Golf Courses, The Kittocks and The Torrance, excellent dining experiences for every palette, ranging from our authentic Italian dining experience in La Cucina to golfers fayre and magnificent views at The Clubhouse.
All of our 209 luxury guestrooms are spacious and well-proportioned with thoughtful Scottish touches. Our sumptuous Signature Spa offers a range of treatments including locally-themed massages, facial and relaxation therapies using exclusive Aromatherapy Associates and Pure Lochside products in 12 chic treatment rooms. The 16 metre swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and relaxation room complete the experience, helping you to relax and unwind. Fairmont St Andrews provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the centre of the ancient town of St Andrews. In addition, the shuttle stops at the famous Old Course and West Sands Beach allowing you the opportunity to experience these great locations. The shuttle service will run daily between 0900 - 1800. Please note, the shuttle service is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Please ask Concierge who will be more than happy to assist with shuttle times. Whatever the occasion, Fairmont St Andrews really is the perfect location to turn your getaway into a treasured memory. Fairmont St Andrews is undergoing an interior refurbishment. During this time we will be upgrading our public areas, suites and bedrooms. Expected completion of all public areas is June 2016 and bathrooms and suites by May 2017. While our hotel remains the preferred choice for many families and business clients alike, these extensive renovations will allow us to provide the best hotel experience to our valued clients. Renovations will take place from 9am – 5. 30pm with noise restricted between 10am - 3pm. Normal guest services will be provided during the renovation periods. •Phase 1 Kittocks Bar 4/1/16 - 26/2/16 The design consists of a rich colour scheme with nautical elements that create a warm atmosphere for drinking and dining. •Phase 2 Main Lobby 4/4/16 - 13/5/16 An inviting warm, informal lobby will be created using a mix of textures and contemporary elements juxtaposed against traditional detailing. •Phase 3 Atrium 22/2/16 - 1/7/16 An organic, swirling ceiling sculpture by renowned lighting designer George Singer will sweep through the Atrium. A sense of energy, dynamism and movement is captured by suspending 20000 metal disks to create an enormous form full of twists and turns: a shoal of fish or moving cloud dancing through the hotel Atrium. Dramatic lighting, refined materials with a colour scheme of pine, sage greens and gold create a sense of quality. •Phase 4 Bedrooms 23/5/16 - 22/5/17 An elegant space created using marble, bespoke mirrors and lighting to create a luxurious warm bathroom with spacious walk in shower.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , Quad Biking
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 05/02/2016 to 31/05/2017 - We're undergoing interior refurbishment upgrading the public areas, suites and bedrooms. Main Entrance will be temporarily relocated diversions will be signposted from the moment guests arrives The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Would have given food a 6 rating but dining room for breakfast was very cold and therefore food cooled very quickly.
I know there are renovations ongoing and that is probably the reason.
Great stay as always
Hotel going under major refurbishment, however very little disruption for guests, one of our favourite hotels.
Looking forward to next trip.