- 90 guest reviews
"The room was tidy, lovely comfy bed. Defo worth the money, close to the town centre! Would recommend to anyone!..."
"Old hotel with character. Friendly service, value for money...."
"Visited here while I was down for a football game. Greeted by a friendly staff, and had a comfy room. I'd visit again...."
"I love quaint & quirky hotels and The Star is just that. The staff were really friendly and the room clean with a comfortable bed. It is als..."
"Lovely rambling hotel with lots of history and comfortable rooms accessible lifts. Helpful staff and lovely food. Will definitely be back th..."
About the hotel
Located on the High Street, The Star Hotel is situated in the historic part of Southampton and is less than a mile away from Southampton Central Train Station. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the West Quay Shopping centre and numerous parks are located close by. The Southampton Docks is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel where a lot of cruise ships leave including the Ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Historically, the Star hotel was regularly visited by Royalty in the 1800’s and The Victoria Room was also visited by the Duchess of Kent and later by Princess Victoria in 1831.
Today, the 44 bedrooms comprise of TV, Complementary Tea & Coffee Facilities and a Telephone. The hotel offers a Restaurant & Bar, 24-hour front desk and meeting facilities are available. Free WIFI is also available and parking costs only £4. 00 per 24 hours. We do not accept children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an adult
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
66% would recommend it to a friend
The room was tidy, lovely comfy bed.
Defo worth the money, close to the town centre. Would recommend to anyone!
The Star Hotel
Old hotel with character.
Friendly service, value for money.