- 69 guest reviews
"Hotel was clean and tidy and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. I cannot help feeling that this would be a lovely hotel on a week..."
"Booked a double room and ended up with 2 double beds so a large room. Only using to sleep as attending a local gig so plenty of room to get..."
"Right on the high street - good walking distance of all amenities. Lovely and welcoming staff. Good car park if you can get in early enough...."
"Reception staff were very friendly and polite. The standard single room was tired looking and needs some attention. However, the bed linen w..."
About the hotel
Located on the High Street, The Star Hotel is situated in the historic part of Southampton and is less than a mile away from Southampton Central Train Station. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the West Quay Shopping centre and numerous parks are located close by. The Southampton Docks is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel where a lot of cruise ships leave including the Ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Historically, the Star hotel was regularly visited by Royalty in the 1800’s and The Victoria Room was also visited by the Duchess of Kent and later by Princess Victoria in 1831.
Today, the 44 bedrooms comprise of TV, Complementary Tea & Coffee Facilities and a Telephone. The hotel offers a Restaurant & Bar, 24-hour front desk and meeting facilities are available. Free WIFI is also available and parking costs only £4. 00 per 24 hours. We do not accept children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an adult
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
Cruise stop over
Hotel was clean and tidy and the receptionist was very polite and helpful.
I cannot help feeling that this would be a lovely hotel on a weekend when no ships are in dock but unfortunately this was a day that a ship was in port and it pushed the price for a room with NO breakfast to double the price. we managed to get breakfast added but the price £130 for one night was still too much for this hotel. I would not discount staying here again but I would certainly look elsewhere first if the price where to stay the same.