- Very Good
- 57 guest reviews
"Friendly and helpful staff and a decent quality breakfast. Stayed in the stable block where the floor is the problem as it creaks when anyon..."
"The room was nice and warm...."
"helpful staff with reasonable good value food...."
"Nice little place, stayed on ground floor, nice and separate from the restaurant. lorry woke us up early sunday morning but means i didnt mi..."
"lovely hotel, friendly staff, but cooked breakfast was terrible - very greasy & overcooked..."
About the hotel
Set in the historic Nottinghamshire market town of Retford, The Elms Hotel is a grand, former Georgian residence dating back to 1792. Grade II Listed and featuring attractive landscaped gardens, the hotel sits on the old Great North Road between York and London. Its location makes it an ideal stopover hotel for business travelers and for those booking a last-minute trip to visit the many attractions in the area.
There are 15 en-suite rooms at The Elms, each with flat-screen TVs and unlimited free Wi-Fi and convenient access to a friendly Fayre & Square family pub restaurant. The Hotel is easy to find, sitting on the A638 just a 10 minute drive from the the A1 or a pleasant 15 minute walk from Retford Train Station. Retford itself is ideally located too, with Robin Hood Airport, and the towns and cities of North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire all within easy reach.
Showing Friday 31 July 2015 to Saturday 1 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
A bit shabby
Not bad for the money but the room was a bit shabby with curtains that didn't close and windows that were stuck with paint.
The pub was lively and popular with families. The food was OK and what you would expect for a chain.