- Very Good
- 64 guest reviews
"Friendly and helpful staff and a decent quality breakfast. Stayed in the stable block where the floor is the problem as it creaks when anyon..."
"The room was nice and warm...."
"helpful staff with reasonable good value food...."
"Nice little place, stayed on ground floor, nice and separate from the restaurant. lorry woke us up early sunday morning but means i didnt mi..."
"lovely hotel, friendly staff, but cooked breakfast was terrible - very greasy & overcooked..."
About the hotel
Set in the historic Nottinghamshire market town of Retford, The Elms Hotel is a grand, former Georgian residence dating back to 1792. Grade II Listed and featuring attractive landscaped gardens, the hotel sits on the old Great North Road between York and London. Its location makes it an ideal stopover hotel for business travelers and for those booking a last-minute trip to visit the many attractions in the area.
There are 15 en-suite rooms at The Elms, each with flat-screen TVs and unlimited free Wi-Fi and convenient access to a friendly Fayre & Square family pub restaurant. The Hotel is easy to find, sitting on the A638 just a 10 minute drive from the the A1 or a pleasant 15 minute walk from Retford Train Station. Retford itself is ideally located too, with Robin Hood Airport, and the towns and cities of North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire all within easy reach.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Elms Inn by Good Night Inns in RETFORD are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
We were glad that we only had breakfast on the last day, the floor of the restaurant was filthy, the coffee had run out and took at least 15 minutes to replace.
There was no brown bread, or orange marmalade. The mattress was of poor quality.There was black mould around the bath. The floor creaked at the slightest movement in our room, and from the adjoining room, and especially from people walking along the corridor outside. My Amex card was initially refused despite booking details saying otherwise. At the second attempt it worked. Manager not present to receive my complaints.