- 43 guest reviews
"I had a mixed experience staying at the Egbaston Palace Hotel in Birmingham last weekend. The first night was spoiled by the constant hummin..."
"Good location, but beds are tiny!..."
"Booked as a last minute thing. Easy to find. Lots of off road parking a beautiful old main building with lots of original features. The bar..."
"I would return to this hotel again, good late room choice...."
"Decent, comfortable accommodation not too far out from the city centre..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of leafy Edgbaston, the Edgbaston Palace Hotel is just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Birmingham City Centre. We offer on site convenient free parking, free WIFI, good food and all our rooms are en suite. The Edgbaston Palace is only a short walk away from Birmingham's, Night Clubs, Bars, Restaurants, Casinos, Theatres, Exhibitions, Conference Centres.
Birmingham International Airport and the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) are a short journey away by Car, Bus or Train. This stunning Grade II Listed building, built in 1854, offers 50 Fully En-suite bedrooms. The rooms have; Television, free WIFI, Telephone, Tea/Coffee making facilities and hairdryer. Why not try our new Bar/Restaurant Menu, serving superb food from, Italian, French, Indian, Mexican, Traditional English. Please note that a pre-authorisation will be carried out on your credit/debit card at the time of booking, for the total amount of your booking value. This transaction is separate to your payment which is to be made on check in. Please note that the credit/debit card used to make the booking must be presented on check-in.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 18/07/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note guests must be over 18 to book a room or to check in to the hotel. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
From sleepless to bliss...
I had a mixed experience staying at the Egbaston Palace Hotel in Birmingham last weekend.
The first night was spoiled by the constant humming of an extractor fan sat outside my room. The humming was incessant, resulting in no sleep that night. The following morning I reported this to the front desk staff on duty, who happily offered to have me relocated. As I was on my way out to enjoy the day in Birmingham, I relished the thought of catching up on restful sleep that night. After a full day and night in the city, I returned to changed accommodation and a welcome drift off into slumberland happened within minutes. Many thank to the courteous staff.
Had to pay twice without notification!
The amount for the hotel was debited from my account, I presumed this meant the hotel was paid for, when we arrived we were quite abruptly told by the manager on hand that the money taken was a 'pre-authorization' so we had to pay again, he further explained and if we didn't we couldn't stay and the funds wouldn't be released for 5 working days.
It was a very well rehearsed script. There is no notification of this at the time of booking or in any of the details. I didn't budget for this so we were left very short and it completely ruined our stay. I did eventually get the pre-authorization money back 2 weeks later. This shouldn't be allowed. Avoid like the plague!!!