- Very Good
- 86 guest reviews
"Generally facilities and what is around are good but prices are a little rich for what you get particularly in the restaurant. Some parts of..."
"Very nice pleasant hotel. Friendly staff and spa was a lovely bonus...."
"Staff are all amazing, everyone is happy and can't do enough to help. I booked ris as a special getaway thinking it would be luxurious, not..."
"Lovely relaxing stay, room overlooking the canal was great it was warm clean and comfortable. Food was nice but not over exciting and I was..."
About the hotel
Lion Quays Waterside Hotel and Resort is an independently owned hotel, offering thoughtfully designed bedrooms and extensive on-site facilities to suit couples, families and business travellers. The 4 star hotel offers free WiFi in all public areas as well as in the bedrooms. There are twin, double, family rooms and the suite with crisp linen, LCD TV, power showers, complimentary toilets and rooms with views over the local countryside and Llangollen canal, some also have their own balcony.
Guests have a choice of restaurants on site; from a family-friendly traditional waterside restaurant offering a-la-cart dining, to a more intimate and contemporary dining experience at Nico’s Brasserie. Both restaurants offer a delicious range of British and European dishes and have outdoor areas to enjoy al-fresco dining. Guests enjoy complimentary access to our country club facilities including, 25m swimming pool with poolside steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi and 75 station Technogym. Lockers and towels are provided during your stay. Lion Quays Spa has a thermal suite with hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, experience showers and the UKs first snow cave. Guests enjoy discounted Thermal Suite rates. Full menu of treatments are also available, pre-booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Bowls, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/10/2013 to 16/12/2013 - We’re making essential improvements to our facilities and our swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna will be closed for essential maintenance until Monday 16th December. The LateRooms.com rates for Lion Quays Hotel & Spa in Oswestry are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Take a big cheque book with you!!
The hotel is set on the banks of the Llangollen canal.
A modern and highly maintained hotel.. The room was small but compact and had everything you need. Tea,coffee, kettle, TV and hairdryer. Same standard as a premier inn, but three times as expensive. The spa complex is good. A short walk from the hotel. The pool is a 25 mtre length. Very nice. Unfortunately one of the steam rooms was out of order. The restaurant was again highly maintained and the food was to a very good standard. But the price of food, wine and beer was extremely high. (Large cheque book required!!!)The only big problem we found with this hotel which we found very annoying was the slow attitude and response of the staff. If you do eat here please don't be in a rush. First of all you are left standing around waiting for the attention of a waitress. As we stayed mid week the restaurant wasn't busy, but we were still standing around waiting. Once we were shown to a table. We again were left for long periods of time between courses. Wouldn't like to stay in a busy period. We were always trying to attract a waitress attention. This is a four star hotel. You pay five star prices and you get two star customer service. We were constantly being apologised for" Sorry for the wait" God help you if you hold a wedding there. Or large party. Will we stay again. No. High price. Low standard!