- 70 guest reviews
"We only had breakfast in the hotel, so I can't comment on evening meals...."
"Staff friendly and helpful, food reasonable and plentiful, there are a lot of good things about this hotel. For over £100 a night, I might h..."
"Friendly staff. The room was clean and spacious. Would have been nice to have the option to book a room with a river view. Highly recommend..."
"stayed on a few occasions at this hotel and will always go back, good value, friendly, convenient always made to feel welcome..."
"Fantastic hotel, very welcoming, lovely breakie served to your room! Room was perfect, excellent mirror placement, very comfy bed, spotless..."
About the hotel
The Queens Hotel is situated in the heart of the vibrant City of York, on the banks of the River Ouse. All of York's famous attractions such as York Minster, York’s Chocolate Story, York Dungeon and Jorvik are within walking distance along with the many fabulous wine bars and restaurants York has to offer. The Hotel has limited car parking spaces, a space must be reserved direct with the Hotel prior to arrival if required to avoid disappointment; the cost per night is £10.
When the Hotel car park is fully booked an alternative is recommended approx 4 minutes from the Hotel. The cost per 24 hours at the NCP is £17. 00 (rate subject to change). Our location on the riverside does occasionally cause issues with our car park when river levels are high, we endeavour to contact you prior to arrival to advise of alternative parking if you have pre-booked a space. The Hotel has 78 bedrooms with king size double rooms offering double or single occupancy, twin bedrooms offering a king size double and standard single bed for two people and family rooms with king size double along with two ‘pull-out’ single beds perfectly suited for children under 16 years old. All rooms have recently refurbished en-suite bathrooms with shower over bath and complimentary toiletries. The Hotel has a Restaurant which serves breakfast and dinner daily, the cost for a Full English breakfast is £9. 25 per adult and £7. 00 per child. Dinner is charged individually with a main course dish priced from £9. 50, a children’s menu is available. The Hotel bar is open from 4. 30pm until 12 midnight and the lounge overlooks the River. (Please note that limited menus will be available during Christmas and New Year periods, restrictions will apply to meal times and availability). Free WIFI is available throughout the Hotel. The Queens Hotel does not accept single sex groups. Smoking bedrooms can be requested at the time of booking. Requests are subject to availability. York is easily accessible by car via the A64, A1079, A1 or A59 or by train from all major routes into York Station. You can reach York from London in only 2 hours.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 28/09/2015 to 31/07/2016 - Refurbishment programme with minimal disruption to guests, Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm. 3 days prior to arrival, your credit card will be authorised to ensure funds are avail ... The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
The Queens Hotel
We only had breakfast in the hotel, so I can't comment on evening meals.
Expected far better.
Previous reviews I read gave a good rating so thought it would be fine because only staying overnight, but, the walls had dirty marks and stains on them, the radiator was dirty, lampshades had stains and some was in disrepair. Reception staff I thought quite curt. I know York is a very busy tourist town and they must have a large turnover of quests, but this is one guest that will find alternative accommodation when returning to York in the future.