- Very Good
- 56 guest reviews
"We chose to stay at the Dog and Partridge midweek for my boyfriends birthday as it is a dog friendly venue. From the outside the Dog and Par..."
"The Dog and Partridge proved to be a lovely old Inn set in beautiful countryside only a few miles outside of Ashbourne and in a very good po..."
"very happy with all aspects. the accommodation was clean, comfortable with plenty of space and the food at the inn was great. very child fri..."
"We had a fab stay over the easter weekend. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We booked a meal for the Saturday evening whi..."
"Ideally placed for both the Peak District and Alton Towers,the Dog & Partridge offers a warm welcome and comfortable beds in well equipped c..."
About the hotel
17th Century Family Run Country Inn with rooms located in the grounds. Traditional bar serving real ales, A'la Carte award Winning Restaurant, Full Bar Snacks and Childrens Menus available. Great views over the open countryside, extensive gardens and terrace with kids play area.
Only 5 miles from Alton Towers. FREE Wireless Broadband Internet Access is available in public areas of the inn. Free Parking
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Marvellous midweek retreat
We chose to stay at the Dog and Partridge midweek for my boyfriends birthday as it is a dog friendly venue.
From the outside the Dog and Partridge appears to be a quaint little rural pub. Once inside and walking to our room it became clear that there was much more than first impressions. Plenty of land, space and lovely views. Bearing in mind the Dog and Partridge is located a slight turn from a main roard, we never heard any of the traffic. The pub, restaurant and reception all have a homely welcoming feel with staff being at hand and happy to help. Every member of staff we spoke to or were served by were extremely helpfil, polite and friendly, with a relaxed sense of humour that helped guests to open up and enjoy their stay(s). We stayed in a dog friendly room so our tiny Yorkshire Terrier could come along too, the room was spacious, convenient and stylish whilst still maintaining a country feel. Parking is directly outside each room/chalet which makes packing, unpacking and trips out even easier. Breakfast was included in our stay and I must say it was the best breakfast selection I've ever seen. Fresh and dried fruit, yoghurts, cereals, toast/crumpets, croissants, cakes and much more. There was so much choice that we couldn't even consider adding our cooked breakfasts on top so passed on that both mornings, however other guests said it was equally delicious. We also decided to have our evening meals in the pub which offers two great menus. Again the produce is fresh and generous in portion size, you wont need lunch if you eat a hearty breakfast and dinner here. Ashbourne is a short drive away and is a must see village. We both thoroughly enjoyed our little retreat and stay in the Dog and Partridge and have already recommended it to friends and family. We're also considering booking again ourselves later in the year.