- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at The Dragon Hotel as we were in the area for a family occasion. I particularly chose The Dragon as it had sw..."
"Good central hotel, Nice rooms. Service a bit slow...."
"Nice place and located in the heart of swansea so great access to shops and local businessss. Only let down was the grumpy waiter who didn't..."
"Very comfortable. Staff friendly. Would visit again...."
About the hotel
The Dragon Hotel is a city centre landmark in Swansea with considerable historic and local significance. Newly renamed to reflect the hotel's prestigious history and following a £3. 5 million refurbishment, the new Dragon Hotel has been transformed into Swansea's premier, city-centre hotel.
Its superb location means the Dragon Hotel is within easy reach of Swansea's many attractions and museums including the Liberty Stadium, National Waterfront Museum and the new SA1 development on Swansea Waterfront. Guests also benefit from use of the impressive Health & Fitness Club with the best hotel facilities in Swansea. The Hotel is easily accessible, just minutes off junction 42 off the M4 and within easy walking distance of the train station and bus station. The hotel does have a small car park for around 50 cars. Parking may be limited at the hotel. Alternatively, there is an NCP car park nearby at a charge of £5. 00 for 24 hours. A member of Macdonald Hotels & Resorts.
Showing Saturday 25 April 2015 to Sunday 26 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 26/03/2014 to 03/05/2014 - Please note the gym will be closed between 26/04/14 to 03/05/14. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
A very disappointing hotel
We stayed here for two nights.
The car park is a bad start ,nowhere to park and very shabby. Our room stank of cigarette smoke so we had to ask for another one. The rooms are dated, small and very basic. The tv won't even take a DVD player. The beds were comfortable so that was the only positive. The piano bar is overpriced and did not even stock Bailys. The swimming pool is like an old school pool and the saunas are in the changing rooms so no mixed saunas to be had if you go as a couple. The staff were pleasant but very young and no idea of hotel hospitality. A real disappointment .
I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at The Dragon Hotel as we were in the area for a family occasion.
I particularly chose The Dragon as it had swimming pool , the rooms looked nice and the reviews were good. I was very disappointed therefore to learn, just the day before, that we had been moved to The Grand due to an issue with the air conditioning/ heating system. The staff at The Grand were very helpful but our rooms were very basic and yet çost the same as the rooms we had booked at The Dragon. After breakfast we had to check out of The Grand and into The Dragon for our second night- all very inconvenient.
THE Dragon gave us a room upgrade because of the inconvenience and the room was very spacious ànd well decorated.
The Dragon is a much better hotel than the Grand and we would use it again.
The hotel has its own, free, car park which is really useful but DO NOT pull up by the front entrance- we did so just to ask if we could check in and where to park- for a max of 5 minx and we got a parking ticket.