- Very Good
- 23 guest reviews
"Although the accommodation is clean and attractively decorated the room we stayed in was rather small considering the price. I cannot commen..."
"Very courteous welcome by the helpful receptionist, well situated in the centre of Oswestry within walking distance of pubs / shops / restau..."
"Stayed for a birthday night. the hotel is in a lovely location next to shops, pubs. home cooked breakfast. excellent customer service and wo..."
"Enjoyed stay very much. Great size of bathroom, but feel it could be brought up to a nicer standard of decor...."
"The room was well furnished and very comfortable. Complimentary shower products and drink/snacks were very welcome. We had a lovely stay and..."
About the hotel
The Wynnstay Hotel was a well known Coaching Inn on both the route from Liverpool to Cardiff and from London to Holyhead. There are references dating back to 1727, but the existing building is typical of the Georgian Style, and there have been many alterations and additions over the years. The Hotel, has been sympathetically renovated over the past two years, extending the function suite to 200 people and converting the old stable block at the rear of the hotel to a luxurious Health and fitness club with indoor pool, sauna, jet spa Jacuzzi, steam room and three purpose built treatment rooms.
A member of Classic British Hotels.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Bowls
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Great food and gym BUT the outdated room and dirty pool let the trip down
We were very pleased by the friendly and attentive staff who managed to make us feel important and juggle the wedding party at the same time (10/10).
The food in the bar was excellent and breakfast, again, exceeded expectations. We used the gym and found it to be one of the best we have ever used. However, the room and pool are two areas that let the whole experience down.
Compared to the photos online, the pool was both dirty (stained tiles) and very cold and the blue plastic cover with its rusty frame didn’t add to the experience and coupled with the general state of repair (e.g. mouldy windows around Jacuzzi) let the whole place down. The room is another area that doesn’t meet the website description. The bathroom was very outdated and again very warn with a stained carpet and water damage from the bath. The ripped net curtain drew your attention to the emergency exit/window behind, that although had a variety of potential latches, all failed to secure the room. This wasn’t helped by a few locals running up and down the stairs during the night.
The numerous email did inform us about events in the function room (which we had no issues with at all), but didn’t mention the kitchen extra system that ran till c. midnight and started up again at c. 6am the following morning. As you can imagine we didn’t have the best night’s sleep. I hope that the room we stayed in is programmed for modernisation (including appropriate windows with sound proofing) and the pool area gets some attention, as its spoiled what would have been an excellent experience.
Accommodation is very tired and the rooms could do with being updates especially the bathrooms