- Very Good
- 62 guest reviews
"Having stayed here before in a lovely courtyard room I was looking forward to the four poster room. I was disappointed to find the room look..."
"Great for people with dogs, accommodation was clean. Staff were great and there is a place to work your dig within a couple of minutes walki..."
"One night business stay. Room ok a bit dated but clean. Food was good and reasonably priced..."
"Breakfast brilliant, only downfall is the noise from the road. Kept us awake most of the night. Very dog friendly...."
"Stayed here whilst visiting my daughter, a student at Durham university. Clean, comfortable room with comfortable beds and an excellent show..."
About the hotel
Just 3 miles from Durham City Centre, the Honest Lawyer Hotel is a 3* hotel and AA rosette restaurant, ideally located for exploring County Durham, as well as being an ideal base for doing business in and around Durham City. All of our rooms are en-suite with modern furnishings, LCD TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as free wifi, which is also available in our public areas. A full English and continental breakfast is served each morning between 7am and 9am weekdays and 8am until 10am weekends, with an extensive, locally sourced menu including healthy options such as Poached Eggs and Brown Toast.
Bailey’s Bar and Restaurant serve food all day, with a full a la carte menu which includes our famous North Sea Black Sheep Beer Battered Haddock & Chips, as well as Pan Fried Seabass and Corn Fed Chicken. As well as all of the above, guests exploring County Durham receive a discount on entry to Beamish Museum, and Durham City is just a short bus ride from the hotel, with a number of buses going directly into the city stopping every 15 minutes. The warmest of welcomes awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, we look forward to your arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Four poster room
Having stayed here before in a lovely courtyard room I was looking forward to the four poster room.
I was disappointed to find the room looking tired, in need of hoovering dusting and serious diy in places (lock on bathroom door was hanging off, cold bath tap came off in my hand, cistern loose when flushing toilet and sink loose in bathroom!). I was also disappointed with noise which seemed to be some type of generator/ whirring that came on at regular intervals into the night. I must add though that the restaurant is out of this world and I struggle to understand how such a brilliant eatery doesn't extend the same class to the main building hotel rooms. We loved our first stay here but sad that this time was lacklustre apart from the saving grace of the food. If we were to return we would not be staying in the main building but the perfectly fine courtyard room.
My stay at the honest lawyer
Great for people with dogs, accommodation was clean.
Staff were great and there is a place to work your dig within a couple of minutes walking distance