- 34 guest reviews
"We stayed in the superior sea view room on the first floor with balcony and two double doors which was lovely. The room was big and spacious..."
"We had a room on the Mews which was really quiet - something we do not often experience in Brighton. Room also had a window which makes a re..."
"Friendly staff. However, I requested breakfast and late check-out but my room was not on the breakfast list and my room key stopped working..."
"I stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Brighton for work and it was adequate for what I needed. I booked a deluxe sea view room and the robe w..."
"I was very disappointed in my stay. We arrived and were checked in, went up to our room, only to find that we had been given a room that was..."
About the hotel
Built in 1864, the hotel landed a great spot on the seafront. Sweep down the original Regency staircase for international dishes in the Brasserie Restaurant overlooking the sea. Outside, stroll along Brighton Pier, go boutique shopping in The Lanes and marvel at the Indian-inspired Royal Pavilion, all just one mile from the hotel.
Brighton's beach and promenade are directly opposite Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel. Brighton railway station, with direct connections to London, is a mile away. We have a limited number of car parking spaces, they are first come first served and are chargeable at £25. 00 per night. This hotel is now completely non-smoking. WIFI is free to all guests throughout the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
NOT going the extra mile
For, what I consider a vast amount of money, this hotel was of average décor and poor customer service.
From being told the kitchen was open 24/7, we tried to get some bar food at 4pm to be told that the kitchen was closed due to them dealing with "a party of 30 upstairs". The lift did not work and we were on the third floor. The remote control for the TV in the room did not work. The curtains did not fit the windows properly. We had to leave at 7.30am and, because breakfast did not start serving until that time on a Sunday, I asked if we could possibly have ours a little earlier, perhaps in our room, because of the fact they have 24 hour room service. We were told "no" but the guy on reception would check with the night staff. He did not. So I checked again with the night receptionist who said that would be fine and I just needed to complete the room service card and hang it on the door handle. We chose 7am for the breakfast time. At 7am we received a phone call from the receptionist (another new one) who said this wasn't possible because the breakfast wasn't served until 7.30am. He was actually quite rude and said we'd ordered "all this hot food so how do you expect us to do this early?" . What happened to going to extra mile for the customer. With a chef on duty 24 hours a day, I do not see how starting breakfast for two people slightly earlier is a huge problem. Would not stay here again.
Décor was old, dated and furniture scuffed and stained arm chair.
Bathroom was not clean and had a smell which filtered into the room. Reception was traditional, however, the general hotel was tired and definitely needed a refurbishment.