- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"For a family room, I was dissappointed that there were no refresh,ENT options for the children in the room, unless they drank hot drinks. Th..."
"We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would defiantly return...."
"Lovely hotel with stunning views. 10 minute walk into Coniston. Friendly staff, good food, comfortable accommodation, great value for money...."
"Clean and spacious room. Friendly staff. Breakfast spot on. Beautiful area. Menu limited...."
"Lovely building with character but letting rooms need to be updated. Floor in our room (no 20) were so creaky we crept around trying to find..."
About the hotel
The Waterhead Hotel is situated 10 minutes walking distance outside of the village it's a great place to relax and unwind with its calming and peaceful atmosphere you cannot resist falling for the charms that the hotel and Coniston have to offer. The majority of rooms that have lake or mountain views (Supplement applies). Waterhead has a jetty which is a pick up point for tha Coniston Launch.
Waterhead is a non-smoking hotel and is licensed for civil ceremonies and partnerships. Our lounge, has a public bar and fantasic views show why a hotel was built here, an eviable position on the edge of Coniston Water with scenery that even the city lover would appreciate. This hotel's restaurant has quality cuisine using local suppliers where possible, which is open to non residents. The restaurant has a wonderful panoramic view of Coniston Old Man.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Hit and miss
For a family room, I was dissappointed that there were no refresh,ENT options for the children in the room, unless they drank hot drinks.
The bunk beds looked great but creaked loudly with any movement once They were slept on, loud enough to keep us parents awake but having children with hearing loss luckily they weren't bothered.
Downstairs there were a large number of flies in the lounge and dining room. Breakfast, the continental breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice, however the cooked breakpkfast was a real disappointment. Considering we had smelt bacon being cooked from 7am and the first sitting for breakfast wasn't until 8, the limp, undercooked bacon left a lot to be desired. No option to swap unwanted breakfast items ie black pudding was offered.
A lovely hotel with a nice view and friendly staff, a short but peaceful walk to the village.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would defiantly return.