- Very Good
- 129 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel situated on either side of the river. The food was good and reasonably priced very quiet, had complimentary shampoo/shower gel..."
"Although only spent 1 night at hotel we found it extremely clean, room had everything you could ask for. All staff very pleasant and would n..."
"Great location, only 5 minute walk to centre. Rooms were spacious & clean, just a little old fashioned. All the staff we encountered were ve..."
"the staff on arrival were friendly and helpful, on going into my room I found it to be clean and just the way you should find it. The only p..."
About the hotel
Discover Chester's favourite venue, The Mill Hotel & Spa Destination has a waterside location within the centre of the Roman City of Chester. The Mill offers Complementary Car Parking, use of the 60ft Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room and State of the art Techno-gym. The Public Bar has 16 different hand-pulled beers to choose from each week and has been featured in the Good Beer Guide for the last 10 years.
The original Griffith's Corn Mill was built in c1830; the latest extention was completed in 2001 adding the south wing, which is connected with an internal bridge over the Shropshire Union Canal. The Mill has 5 different grades of rooms, from the Standard Rooms in the original Mill Building to the Spacious Club Class Rooms and very special Champagne Suite in the South Wing Building. All rooms are en-suite, have sky television and wifi. The Mill offers extensive dining options, with 5 options to wine & dine. The award wining waterside Canaletto Restaurant is open daily for lunch & dinner, serving food from both A la Carte and Table D'hote Menus. Friday & Saturdays in the Canaletto Restaurant are Dine & Dance evenings with dancing until 1. 00am. L'eaut Cuisine Broad-beam Restaurant Cruiser moored alongside the hotel sails for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Seating upto 50 people, the vessel has a licensed bar and dance floor. There are regular special events held, including Queen Mary Crown Cruises, Cruises and Roman High Tea Cruises. The Brasserie Flambe Steak Restaurant is open Sunday - Thursday, serving a range of starters, main courses and sweets plus a selection of special Mill Flamed Coffees. The Rialto Restaurant is located on the ground floor & is ideal for a light lunch after the gym, serving a range of sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads and a range of traditional home-made bar meals. In the tranquil surroundings of our Beauty Spa, we use only the finest Pevonia Botanica Products to provide face and body treatments for both men and women. Our retail counter stocks a comprehensive range of products, with free consultation and guidance. Further facilities include St. Tropez Ultimate Air Spray tanning booth, Hair Salon, Nail Bar and Kinesis Studio.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Mountain Bike Hire
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel situated on either side of the river.
The food was good and reasonably priced very quiet, had complimentary shampoo/shower gel had to ask for some more on our second day though. Tea and coffee making facilities in room the only down fall was had cheese and biscuits after meal only got four biscuits had to ask for more but is a lovely hotel.
The room was poor quality for the cost.
No air con, stiflingly hot, no drinking water,