- Very Good
- 246 guest reviews
"Staff were friendly & helpful, especially reception. Breakfast was good. Bar had good selection of real ales. Room was warm and reasonably q..."
"Had a fab time here, hotel is lovely, staff are very friendly, and food is of good standard. We have booked to go back there in July, only 5..."
"Good value for money...."
"First night food was poor but the staff were good - second night much better. Breakfast is a bit limited compared to other hotels we have st..."
"I would rate this 3 star accommodation as mediocre. Stayed 2 nights in a double room which was basic and clean and tidy. However, the toilet..."
About the hotel
Discover Chester's favourite venue, The Mill Hotel & Spa Destination has a waterside location within the centre of the Roman City of Chester. The Mill offers Complementary Car Parking, use of the 60ft Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room and State of the art Techno-gym. The Public Bar has 16 different hand-pulled beers to choose from each week and has been featured in the Good Beer Guide for the last 10 years.
The original Griffith's Corn Mill was built in c1830; the latest extention was completed in 2001 adding the south wing, which is connected with an internal bridge over the Shropshire Union Canal. The Mill has 5 different grades of rooms, from the Standard Rooms in the original Mill Building to the Spacious Club Class Rooms and very special Champagne Suite in the South Wing Building. All rooms are en-suite, have sky television and wifi. The Mill offers extensive dining options, with 5 options to wine & dine. The award wining waterside Canaletto Restaurant is open daily for lunch & dinner, serving food from both A la Carte and Table D'hote Menus. Friday & Saturdays in the Canaletto Restaurant are Dine & Dance evenings with dancing until 1. 00am. L'eaut Cuisine Broad-beam Restaurant Cruiser moored alongside the hotel sails for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Seating upto 50 people, the vessel has a licensed bar and dance floor. There are regular special events held, including Queen Mary Crown Cruises, Cruises and Roman High Tea Cruises. The Brasserie Flambe Steak Restaurant is open Sunday - Thursday, serving a range of starters, main courses and sweets plus a selection of special Mill Flamed Coffees. The Peppermill Trattoria located on the ground floor of the south wing building ideal for a light lunch after the gym, serving a range of sandwiches, baked potatoes and salads. The Deli Bar located within the Hotels Real Ale Bar, serves a range of traditional home-made bar meals. In the tranquil surroundings of our Beauty Spa, we use only the finest Pevonia Botanica Products to provide face and body treatments for both men and women. Our retail counter stocks a comprehensive range of products, with free consultation and guidance. Further facilities include St. Tropez Ultimate Air Spray tanning booth, Hair Salon, Nail Bar and Kinesis Studio.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
96% would recommend it to a friend
Good place to stay and close to the station
Staff were friendly & helpful, especially reception.
Breakfast was good. Bar had good selection of real ales. Room was warm and reasonably quiet (despite being next to dual carriageway). No hesitation in staying there again.
Mill Hotel & Spa Destination
Had a fab time here, hotel is lovely, staff are very friendly, and food is of good standard.
We have booked to go back there in July, only 5min walk to centre of Chester, would highly recommend.