- Very Good
- 134 guest reviews
"very nice overnight stay..."
"I was first blown away by the entrance and stairway that comes with this hotel. The staff at the reception were friendly but didn't feel the..."
"Lovely place right opposite the castle. Friendly staff. Evening meal choice limited for veggies but super nevertheless. Breakfast very good,..."
"I enjoyed my stay on the whole and it is a nice hotel. One thing though, the internet connection is very unrealiable...."
"Had a very nice time away staying at the hotel. Did the booking to include breakfast and on arrival they said we had a dinner booking too. C..."
About the hotel
The Angel Hotel is Nestled between Cardiff Castle and the Millennium Stadium, the Angel Hotel is perfectly placed for exploring this vibrant city. Steeped in history, the hotel dates back to 1883 and is the most famous in Cardiff. Some of the world's greatest stars have walked down the hotel's magnificent staircase, including Marlene Dietrich, The Beatles and Gregory Peck.
Recent investment has restored the building to its former Victorian splendour and it now benefits from air-conditioning in all bedrooms and secure car parking. Parking is on a first come first served basis and charged at £10 per car per day
Showing Monday 4 May 2015 to Tuesday 5 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
very nice overnight stay
Spectacular Hotel with the need of a bit of TLC
I was first blown away by the entrance and stairway that comes with this hotel.
The staff at the reception were friendly but didn't feel they went the extra mile on customer service. Nonetheless I was satisfied and a bit mesmerized with what was to come. The hotel was tidy and clean but when we arrived at the room the 'wow' factor left. There was nothing wrong with the room but felt like it needed a bit of TLC. The room contained everything that we required was clean, tidy and well kept. However I did feel it could have done with a bit of TLC, particularly the bed. It had definite signs of wear in the form of a big dent in the mattress where people would have previously sat. I did however get a good night sleep and the bed was comfortable. The view out of the window was of another building so nothing spectacular.
The location of the hotel was perfect, very central and had parking. Only downside is that is parking cost extra to the hotel stay (£10 per night) and I found another car park cheaper. Overall a good stay.