- Very Good
- 120 guest reviews
"Great location and service - disappointing view (although the Castle was opposite we couldn't see it) but no real complaints...."
"The food was excellent, the staff helpful but the quality of the room was terrible. The headboard was severely ripped, furniture old and had..."
"The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was good and breakfast in the morning was outstanding would stay there again...."
"Our room was very comfortable, but the decor was looking tired. The full English breakfast was good. The position of the hotel is excellent..."
"Excellent location. Has been a grand hotel in its time. Our room was clean, however, the curtains had seen their day! We got a great price a..."
About the hotel
The Angel Hotel is Nestled between Cardiff Castle and the Millennium Stadium on Castle street, the Angel Hotel is perfectly placed for exploring this vibrant city. Steeped in history, the hotel dates back to 1883 and is the most famous in Cardiff. Some of the world's greatest stars have walked down the hotel's magnificent staircase, including Marlene Dietrich, All 102 bedrooms include a TV, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, 24 hour room service and free Wi-Fi.
Dine with views of Cardiff Castle to be seen through the large, original sash window, diners can enjoy fine dining in Castell’s Restaurant, which has seasonal menus and daily specials, plus a selection of exclusive wines. For less formal dining, guests are welcome to join us at The Angel Bar, which has a brasserie-style menu and light bites. The Beatles and Gregory Peck. Recent investment has restored the building to its former Victorian splendour and it now benefits from air-conditioning in all bedrooms and secure car parking. Parking is on a first come first served basis and charged at £13 per car per day We are just a 5 minute walk from Cardiff train station and we're opposite Cardiff Castle!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- Pets are allowed
73% would recommend it to a friend
Great location and service - disappointing view (although the Castle was opposite we couldn't see it) but no real complaints.
Angel in Cardiff
The food was excellent, the staff helpful but the quality of the room was terrible.
The headboard was severely ripped, furniture old and had seen better days, paint was flaking off the ceiling and the bathroom although clean was again badly maintained. Felt more like a dingy low grade hotel. Very disappointed as the photos on late rooms looked so nice.