- Very Good
- 66 guest reviews
"The Caledonian provided an excellent base for our trip to Newcastle. We were upgraded to an Executive Suite and were impressed with the room..."
"The home tel was lovely and the only issue we had was that in the morning the noise from the next room was excessive, possibly due to connec..."
"Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location for us, with a choice of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Our room was ok, but not..."
"Very friendly, helpful staff. Good location. Reception area superior to actual room but clean and everything you need...."
"Excellent big room, very good bathroom. Good breakfast with excellent fried eggs. The next time it will be the Caledonian again!..."
About the hotel
The Caledonian hotel is located in the heart of Jesmond, a chic and leafy area, only one mile from Newcastle city centre with a vibrant café and bar culture. The hotel itself combines Georgian architecture with a contemporary edge having recently been refurbished. 89 spacious en-suite bedrooms, a fully equipped conference and banqueting centre, and a range of dining options are all available.
Choose from the relaxed ambience of the Billabong Bistro, the lively Billabong Bar or alfresco dining on the heated outdoor terrace. With ample free private parking and easy access to all major transport links, including Newcastle International Airport, the Caledonian Hotel is ideally situated for both the business and leisure traveller.
Showing Thursday 8 October 2015 to Friday 9 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Rugby World Cup city break
The Caledonian provided an excellent base for our trip to Newcastle.
We were upgraded to an Executive Suite and were impressed with the room and facilities. The location was very convenient for getting into the city centre using the Metro (West Jesmond) and we also made good use of the local shops and restaurants. The only downside was that it was quite noisy due to the main road and other hotels and bars, but even so we would stay here again and we would definitely recommend this hotel.
General and Room noise
The home tel was lovely and the only issue we had was that in the morning the noise from the next room was excessive, possibly due to connecting door