- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Over All An Excellent Stay...."
"Nice hotel in a nice location, some areas looking a little bit tired - no visible signs of any management. Excellent receptionist checking i..."
"Third time staying at the Windlestrae and once again enjoyed the facilities and location. The bistro restaurant service could be better but..."
"My sister and I took our elderly parents on a weekend break to the Windlestrae. We requested and got ground floor rooms as my parents have m..."
"The hotel needed an upgrade as the rooms were slightly dated and paintwork damaged in places. Also the shower had poor water pressure and di..."
About the hotel
The Green Hotel, Golf & Leisure Resort is set within the picturesque town of Kinross amid the stunning scenery of Perthshire. We are ideally situated on the cusp of Fife as well as being at the core of unique and exciting attractions, historical sites and natural heritage. Our unique Scottish Resort boasts a 5000 acre estate including two parkland 18 hole golf courses, a choice of Restaurants each with its own distinct character, Luxury Spa, Health & Fitness Suite, Curling Rink and a purpose built music venue hosting international artists from a variety of genres.
Or for the keen angler we offer some of the finest fishing on the historic waters of Loch Leven. The resorts 3* Windlestrae Hotel is situated in beautiful landscaped grounds and lies in a quiet corner of the scenic town of Kinross which has many historic connections with Scotland’s glorious past. The modern leisure complex features a 20 metre indoor swimming pool, a fitness suite & Luxury Spa. Guests can relax and enjoy the experience of the sauna, Jacuzzi and Steam Room or indulge in one of our fantastic selection of pamper packages. Unwind and relax in Rushes, our contemporary lounge bar or enjoy an Italian dining experience in Monty’s Pizzeria where 1 child per every adult paying dines free. Rooms are bright and airy with a cosy seating area. The resort is located only 30 minutes from Edinburgh Airport, a mere 20 minutes from Perth Train Station with convenient access to the M90 motorway.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Pitch n' Putt , Mountain Bike Hire , Croquet , Tennis Courts , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Windlestrae Hotel and Leisure Club
Over All An Excellent Stay.
Nice hotel in a nice location, some areas looking a little bit tired - no visible signs of any management.
Excellent receptionist checking in, passable one checking out, the waiting times at the bar are unbelievably long - 20 minutes plus on the two occasions we went in there, we were not queuing - there were only fleeting glimpses of the barman who would run in and grab drinks presumably for somebody, somewhere else and then disappear again. Arrived at restaurant at 7.45pm to be told there was a 30 minute wait for food, could we come back in half an hour, went back 30 minutes later to be advised that there was an even longer wait for food. To be fair, when our pizzas arrived they were pretty good and good value too. The staff are very pleasant and polite but I cannot work out whether there were too few or they were really disorganised, there was absolutely no sign of there being any management on site. A real shame, good rate, nice room and with a pool etc.