- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"Excellent staff, comfortable hotel. Lovely food. Could do with updating the furniture in the rooms...."
"Stayed here before. Lovely hotel. All the staff are very friendly. Furnishings are a little old fashioned and shabby around the edges. 20 mi..."
"Nice hotel on the outskirts of Kendal. The public areas are very clean and well decorated. Only stayed in one room for one night and the roo..."
"I eat out a lot and so have certain expectations when i stay at a 3* hotel such as this. I have to say the food served here more than exceed..."
"Great Chef, that was the Highlight. Excellent Service. Pool is a great Addition and the town of Kendal is within easy driving distance - tho..."
About the hotel
Situated on the fringe of Kendal with ample FREE parking and easy access from M6 junction 36 and A591. All 30 en suite rooms have bath & shower and have been decorated to a high standard, some boast elaborate 4-poster beds. Established in 1857 as an orphanage Stonecross Manor Hotel has since been extensively modernised and converted into the fine hotel that it is today.
Close to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks and is also an ideal stop off point when travelling to and from Scotland. Catherines Restaurant and the Westmorland Bar offer an ambience of relaxation coupled with quality Cumbrian and regional cuisine and a wine list to please all tastes. Our heated-indoor pool with steam room, massage jets and poolside Spa offers a welcome rejuvenation after a day of hill walking or sightseeing Stonecross Manor Hotel is also a perfect Wedding venue, with function rooms to suit small or large receptions, both formal and informal while the Civil Ceremony Licence ensures your special day can be enjoyed all in one place. Conference and banquet facilities are also available offering a light and airy environment for your seminar or dinner with quality equipment and extensive menus to cater for all. Swimming Pool Fully Refurbished & Now Open
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Stonecross Manor Hotel
Room was clean but shabby.
Bed linen needs updating.The toilet flush was difficult to use.Bathroom needs attention.Chipped paint on bath panels. Food was very good.Compared with Rogerthorpe Manor, more expensive, more old fashioned eg threadbare carpets on stairs.
Great location. Good spa area.
Excellent staff, comfortable hotel.
Lovely food. Could do with updating the furniture in the rooms.