- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"Hotel staff very friendly. Especially reception staff and breakfast staff. Unfortunately the night we ate in restaurant the waiting staff an..."
"Excellent staff, comfortable hotel. Lovely food. Could do with updating the furniture in the rooms...."
"Stayed here before. Lovely hotel. All the staff are very friendly. Furnishings are a little old fashioned and shabby around the edges. 20 mi..."
"Nice hotel on the outskirts of Kendal. The public areas are very clean and well decorated. Only stayed in one room for one night and the roo..."
"I eat out a lot and so have certain expectations when i stay at a 3* hotel such as this. I have to say the food served here more than exceed..."
About the hotel
Situated on the fringe of Kendal with ample FREE parking and easy access from M6 junction 36 and A591. All 30 en suite rooms have bath & shower and have been decorated to a high standard, some boast elaborate 4-poster beds. Established in 1857 as an orphanage Stonecross Manor Hotel has since been extensively modernised and converted into the fine hotel that it is today.
Close to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks and is also an ideal stop off point when travelling to and from Scotland. Catherines Restaurant and the Westmorland Bar offer an ambience of relaxation coupled with quality Cumbrian and regional cuisine and a wine list to please all tastes. Our heated-indoor pool with steam room, massage jets and poolside Spa offers a welcome rejuvenation after a day of hill walking or sightseeing Stonecross Manor Hotel is also a perfect Wedding venue, with function rooms to suit small or large receptions, both formal and informal while the Civil Ceremony Licence ensures your special day can be enjoyed all in one place. Conference and banquet facilities are also available offering a light and airy environment for your seminar or dinner with quality equipment and extensive menus to cater for all. Swimming Pool Fully Refurbished & Now Open
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Last minute stay in south lakes
Hotel staff very friendly.
Especially reception staff and breakfast staff. Unfortunately the night we ate in restaurant the waiting staff and bar person appeared very disorganised. The meal was out standing tho. Plenty to choose from at a reasonable price. The pool was really nice, but unfortunately we couldn't get the jacuzzi to work, we did mention it to reception, but she didn't seem that's bothered. I had a massage treatment on my stay, and I have to admit it was one of the best deep tissue massages I've had, fully reccomended. We would stay here again but would request room 210 as this was an a lovely big spacious room, and the bed could have slept 4 people !.