- 4 guest reviews
"I have stayed at Hillthwaite quite a few times over the years and the standard is still as high as ever. A very relaxing atmosphere...."
"Lovely hotel with lovely views. Staff at Hotel all friendly and pleasant. We used the Leisure facilities also which were excellent. Had the..."
About the hotel
The family-owned Hillthwaite hotel, set in three acres of landscaped gardens between Windermere and Bowness, is one of the area’s highest hotels overlooking England's largest lake and with magnificent panoramic views over to Langdale Pikes, Crinkle Crags and Coniston Old Man. Within easy reach of the M6 motorway this 3-star, 33-room hotel offers a warm Lakeland welcome with a reputation for superb food and friendly service. Individually designed rooms are maintained to a high standard, all have en suite facilities, some with splendid four-poster beds and jacuzzi baths and most have lake or fell views.
The ground floor suite of public facilities includes a comfortable lounge with well-stocked bar, a feature conservatory and impressive restaurant with stunning bay window views of the unique South Lakes skyline. In summer months the terrace overlooking Lake Windermere is a favourite for guests to relax and take in Cumbria’s ever changing colours. Or they can enjoy the exclusive use of the year-round leisure facilities including a heated swimming pool, steam room and sauna.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Booked Hotel as a treat for my girlfriend so price wasn't an issue .
Very dissapointed with the room considering the price very hot and stuffy no air con . Mini bar empty bar a couple of small wine bottles. Door of room battered and tired landing finished in dreadful 1970s decor . Staff all European with very poor language skills. We will not be going back . Advised of my issues at check out but no real response.
I have stayed at Hillthwaite quite a few times over the years and the standard is still as high as ever.
A very relaxing atmosphere.